DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

If they're making HW changes, it must be a sign that the show will be renewed, so that's the first good news.  Second good news is Higley is gone!  Carlivati definitely has his faults but I think I've been more pro than negative about his storylines (70/30).  His first year at OLTL and GH were really good and the ratings went up.  I do hope DAYS goes the campy route again.  I thought the show would do that under Tomlin/Whitesell, since that's how their Sunset Beach and OLTL were, but it didn't happen.  Carlivati is an admitted ABC viewer, and I don't think he was a big DAYS viewer, so I think he's going to lean up on Sheri and Ryan for DAYS' history. 

• Members

They are trying something new for sure.  I truly enjoyed his first year or so at OLTL, and GH.  Then it just got downright awful.  Anderson might help.  Maybe?

Expect back from the dead, and revisiting classics with less enjoyment.  Duke, AJ, Frank Smith.  All brought back just to be killed off quickly again.  Like Victor Lord on OLTL.

If you had an EP with any brain for story and taste his worst instincts would be held in check.  But I haven't been impressed by Meng ever.

He does use vets.  Days doesn't have the added issue of the OLTL 3 or Valentini's strange loyalty to Michael Easton.

Archived