DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is fantastic news.  He is the exact type of writer this show needs.

Honestly Days has been so so bad over the last however many years that I can't imagine anyone could be upset by this. 

Im guessing his work airs in 2018. I'm being realistic with that number btw, it'll take that long, right?

• Members

I should've seen it coming.

Honestly? It's probably the right place for him. His work both devolved to that level, embarrassing GH and at times OLTL, and yet was still somehow leagues above DAYS' current quality level. It felt like watching DAYS.

If they want to actually save the show, hiring Carlivati and Anderson together may do it on a creative level. Carlivati alone couldn't, but hiring Anderson is attempting to send a message which may be a Sony thing given the recent similar change at Y&R. Though without a brutal budgeter like Valentini - whose cost-cutting did help GH before it later crippled the show - I'm not sure that will help the financial bottom line.

• Members

Daytime Emmy-winner Sheri Anderson Thomas, who has served on DAYS’s writing team in various capacities, including head writer and co-head writer in the ’80s and ’90s, will also hold the Creative Consultant title.

My favorite part!!!!!!

• Members

Please let this be a positive move for Days.

Carlivati can do some good stuff and Sheri must be there for a reason.

Pity it will take so long for onscreen changes to happen. By that time ratings might be beyond bad.

Is this a move to convince NBC that there is still some life in the old dog yet??

Archived