All My Children Reunion on Home & Family

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Home & Family comes off so awkward. Like the hosts are "known" but the guests seem to have no idea why they're there being interviewed, or when they're shoved onto barstools next to each other to eat, or out in the backyard .... The format remains clunky. I like what they've tried to do, but zzzzz. I also like that they don't seem to have an aversion to having daytime stars on. I really quite enjoyed seeing Mary Beth Evans, Jackie Zeman, Ronn Moss and Matt Ashford on there a few weeks ago promoting The Bay. They even have Jerry Douglas's wife Kym as some style/fashion/health/whatever consultant. But it's just such a ... clunky show. I caught Julie Berman on there, last week or the week before and she looked both scared, confused and terrified, sometimes all at the same time (and GH, well mostly Tony Geary, was definitely brought up).

I've always thought As The World Turns would be an ideal Hallmark soap. That and The Doctors. Maybe Edge of Night ... GL, maybe but I always thought that would have thrived online. But to me any of those soaps resurrected and put on their schedule would fit right in to me. Sure SOME things could be toned down but I think soaps COULD work on Hallmark. Never will but in my land of make believe I've always thought the P&G soaps fit Hallmark the best.

• Members

Monday & Tuesday episodes:

Monday, January 30th, 2017 All New! Susan Lucci guest hosts; Susan cooks her grandmother’s apple cake; reality star Erika Jayne ("The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"); child magicians Kadan and Brooklyn Rockett ("America's Got Talent") perform; the owner of The Painted Nail shows us textured nails; the jetsetter's guide to beauty; fashionable printed pocket squares; a DIY jumbo shoebox; Matt Rogers makes a taco quesadilla pizza appetizer for the Super Bowl.

Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 All New! Susan Lucci guest hosts; Susan and her husband make spaghetti and meatballs; comedian and game show host Tony Rock ("The Dating Game") discusses how dating has changed; celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves; cat behaviorist Mieshelle Nagelschneider has the basics of litter training; Dr. JJ Levenstein makes a delicious coconut cake; DIY anti-aging sheet masks.

Archived