• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sheree was pregnant, so she wanted out.

Charlene Tilton was let go.

Barbara Bel Geddes was offered to appear in limited episodes like Howard Keel, but she told them to go F themselves (in a more ladylike manner, of course).

As you can tell watching it, they pretty much cut back on every actor except Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy due to budget reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

People say Patrick duffy leaving killed the show..but the dream season finished in the top 5...others say that the show died when they came up with the dream season explanation...the show did drop to 10 or 11...but Pam quitting caused the show to leave the top 20.  The backbone of the show was JR vs Pam...imho

• Members

Actually it finished at #6 for the season. The cliffhanger where Bobby returned was #1 for the week.

I thought the season that he returned was a much better season but by then fans were outraged at how Bobby returned and Dallas ranked #11.

Pam's exist car crash ranked #3 for the week. You could tell by the end of 87 that Dallas didn't have too much left in it. I thought Dallas should have ended during the 88-89 season where Sue Ellen said her goodbyes to Dallas and JR.

Edited by Soapsuds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I hated James, but I LOVED Michelle and especially Callie. Callie was underrated among core fans because she was a later season character, but the actress was very good and I liked most of her stories. I do wish they'd done more with Lucy when she returned though. Especially with younger characters like Michelle and Callie to interact with. They didn't work enough on building that younger generation which could've helped the later seasons more.

• Members

Michelle was an odd character - it was like when they decided to change April from a gold-digging skank to Bobby's new love interest, they gave her personality transplant and just created Michelle.

Callie and JR were so yucky (sorry - Hagman's age was SERIOUSLY showing at that point) and her introduction storyline was horrible.

Sasha Mitchell as an actor was lol. Hot, but lol.