Sign in to follow this  
Toups

2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

4 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Carlivati is on the move.  Of course, he'd replace the oldest script writer with a young GH writer.  Well, Cherrill has earned his vet status.  He was head writing The Doctors, after all, in 1980. LOL.  Time to retire and give others a chance.  Who else has Carlivati axed?  I don't see him keeping the Cullitons.  

DRW50   

Given how shockingly poor the scripts were at GH under Ron's tenure I can't imagine what they will be like here.

1 hour ago, skiman12082004 said:

I am kind surprised there is no chatter about Jean Passanante retiring from GH in August. I wonder who will replace her.

Wait what?

10 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Given how shockingly poor the scripts were at GH under Ron's tenure I can't imagine what they will be like here.

He fired all of the GH writers except for Korte. It was glaringly obvious most of the replacements didn't read on the history of GH

Toups   

Y&R:

- Bruce Neckles first listed as Script Writer on June 8

I remember him writing really bad scripts when he was at DAYS.

On 2017-05-28 at 3:01 AM, BetterForgotten said:

Stumbled upon this interview with Mary O'Leary that was conducted late last year - she talks about her history on various soaps and even the producing process of soaps. 

Thanks for posting! I'm gonna have to listen to this when I get the chance. 

2 hours ago, Toups said:

Y&R:

- Bruce Neckles first listed as Script Writer on June 8

I remember him writing really bad scripts when he was at DAYS.

Thanks for posting! I'm gonna have to listen to this when I get the chance. 

Bruce confirmed on his FB page in a post that he's a writer at YR so I guess he's on contract.  The dude's 72 years old.  Interesting that they'd hire a senior...And he's friends with Sally and clearly they crossed paths when he was at Dool.  Didn't James Reilly hire him at Days?

Well Raven the ratings are the pits. I think he joined a year and half ago. First as a producer under JFP and he was named EP last year.

2 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Could Mal Young be out at YR?  He's not tweeted about the show since June 2.  Didn't he join the show two years ago?

That doesn't prove he's gone because he hasn't tweeted in eight days

Toups   
On 2017-06-06 at 1:42 AM, RavenWhitney said:

Carlivati is on the move.  Of course, he'd replace the oldest script writer with a young GH writer.  Well, Cherrill has earned his vet status.  He was head writing The Doctors, after all, in 1980. LOL.  Time to retire and give others a chance.  Who else has Carlivati axed?  I don't see him keeping the Cullitons.  

- David Cherrill last listed as Script Writer on June 2

- Andrea Archer Compton first listed as Script Writer on June 5

So it looks like AAC was hired by Higley/Quan and not Carlivati.  Cherrill probably retired. 

glatwt   

Regarding Y&R, is Sara Bibel the new script editor and why are there now two script writers listed after the BW?? 

24 minutes ago, glatwt said:

Regarding Y&R, is Sara Bibel the new script editor and why are there now two script writers listed after the BW?? 

There's been no formal announcement about Bibel's actual title and why they hired Matt Clifford. Seems to me that Clifford.  It could be that Bibel is the principal editor for the breakdowns and Clifford is script editor?  Not sure.  But the show sucks nevertheless.