2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh how Y&R could do with him back. I would advocate the combination of him leaving at the end of 2003 and Jack Smith elevating himself above Kay Alden as Head Writer when he was made Executive Producer (Shaughnessy’s replacement) was actually when the slight wobble started to occur. It, of course has developed since then, to put it mildly.

And absolutely yes to Beth Milstein. In terms of the quality she brings and likely in terms of what her role is. In terms of her quality and impact, I’d say it was as underrrated as Peter Brash and Paula Kwikly in 2003 at Days of Our Lives, before they inexplicably removed them for Dena Higley (and the quality dropped overnight). That period between James E. Reilly and Hogan Sheffer at DAYS was also underrated. As for her role, I remember Sara Bibel saying somewhere that Mal Young offering her the role of Co-Head Writer (or was it Assistant Head Writer?) made it easier to stay after Sally Sussman (bath water) and Kay Alden (baby, unfortunately) were thrown out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lisa de Cazotte,  a former executive producer on Days of Our Lives and Passions, is now a producer on The Young and the Restless. She is replacing Jimmy Freeman and Matt Olsen in the booth; they have been splitting the task. Freeman is a friend of Angelica McDaniel and Olsen has been with the show since the late-90s/early-00s.

Archived