Sign in to follow this  
Toups

2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

4 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

How about waiting till tomorrow before going to conclusions.

Where's the conclusion girlfriend? I simply stated that the dude wasn't in the credits.  I drew no conclusions. 

On 8/7/2017 at 3:59 PM, cassadine1991 said:

How about waiting till tomorrow before going to conclusions.

Oh, and Matt Clifford's name was not listed with other writers on Tuesday, episode. Oh my!

2 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Oh, and Matt Clifford's name was not listed with other writers on Tuesday, episode. Oh my!

Okay... I didn't make a big deal about it at all.

Interesting that on Thursday's online Days episodes, Carlivati's name was listed alone then the rest of the writers.  I was wondering how long it would take for his agent to call Meng and insist on a sole title card in the credits.  Good for him.  

1 hour ago, jcar03 said:

The tv airings have had Carlivati on a slide by himself since at least the 31st.

Oh, I don't watch the tv episodes, only online and today was the first time.  

UK LAW   

I could be barking up the wrong tree and this may have been addressed before, but I've noticed over the past few weeks that Y&R are now crediting a Post Production Producer by the name of Jonathan Fishman.

And for quite a number of years they have had a Supervising Producer by the name of John Fisher.

Funny co-incidence or are they one and the same person?

Toups   
1 hour ago, UK LAW said:

I could be barking up the wrong tree and this may have been addressed before, but I've noticed over the past few weeks that Y&R are now crediting a Post Production Producer by the name of Jonathan Fishman.

And for quite a number of years they have had a Supervising Producer by the name of John Fisher.

Funny co-incidence or are they one and the same person?

They're different people since both are listed.

Toups   
5 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

Apparently Mal Young rehired one of the old Y&R composers. 

Mike Dobson wasn't a composer. He's does the music direction.  And he's already listed in the credits.  If they brought back Jack Allocco and David Kurtz, who were Y&R's old music composers, then I'd be excited.  But we're still getting JFP's music because her composers are still there. 

UK LAW   
1 hour ago, Toups said:

They're different people since both are listed.

Was most likely a funny co-incidence but no harm in checking.

1 hour ago, Toups said:

Mike Dobson wasn't a composer. He's does the music direction.  And he's already listed in the credits.  If they brought back Jack Allocco and David Kurtz, who were Y&R's old music composers, then I'd be excited.  But we're still getting JFP's music because her composers are still there. 

At this point, it's highly unlikely Allocco and Kurtz will be brought back. At a guess, I'm guessing those Phelps hired are cheaper? Pity because the music they created over the years became as integral a character as anyone speaking.