GH: January Discussion

• Members

U critcize Olivia return before she gets here. Its going to be juicy and connects to a major umbrella storyline. If u want crap and the worst soap i have ever endured go watch Sallugs YR. NLG has been killer here. Its the story of the year. Bobbie has returned to all kinds od awesomeness thanks to Jelly. I cant wait for the nelle secret to explode thats another umbrella storyline.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My issue with GH is that you see the stories and their conclusions coming from a mile away. The last good story was the fluke story but RC changed it cause we figured Fluke was Bill Eckert

Just tell the story you were initally gonna tell. Have the balls to follow through

• Members

Once again the troll makes a false statement. There's plenty I have liked. Bobbie's inclusion in the Nelle story being one of them. But said troll will always praise what we find bad. It's what he does. Wash rinse and repeat. We can't escape it because he somehow always ends up getting a response. Including this one. Blocking does no good.

• Members

Pissmelly are going to make a mess of every story because they follow ValenVarni's direction. I have zero doubts the return of Olivia Jerrome will be anything but a "propfest" to make Droolian look good. 

Alexis' story would matter to me if the last two years weren't wasted on this crap with Droolian. Julexis has destroyed the character 1000x more than her one night stand with Sonny ever did. I feel bad for NLG, it would take a miracle worker to salvage Alexis at this point

Ninny and the child of the corn scenes are irritating. Valentin/Anna scenes are the only time I pay attention to the Valentin story, and JPS is way too good to be trapped with the Red Menace.

• Members

As long as Varni is micro managing GH we will never see writers true vision.

Claire Labine & Agnes Nixon could be Co-HW's & Varni would make them write what HE Wants

He may be more friendly with fans but he is another Frons

• Members

I agree 100% @slick jones!

I think NLG sees this story as Alexis's redemption/salvation and while she's playing the hell out of it, and she's not the problem, the circumstances and story surrounding it are trash.

I have no doubts Olivia will be trashed for Julian so he can continue to play hero. It's no different than Sonny always coming out shining like a rose or being treated like a victim.

I agree Varni is a problem but so is Frank. Smelly are writing basic soap opera. They're getting by and focusing on who they're told to focus on. I doubt much comes from them. There's a reason casuals have #GHVetsOverFranksPets as a hashtag. And he's aware of it.

But then you look at the comments on Twitter and Facebook and you see why they're writing the way they are. It's disheartening to say the least.

• Members

I think soap writers are always incensed if viewers either find out or figure out their next move.  Nothing new there.  In GH's early days, the plan was for Audrey to die from lymphoma, but it got leaked to the press.  So, the pissed off Hursleys changed direction.  I think Henry Slesar was probably the best writer at throwing viewers off track, but I think Slesar had said something about throwing "blue herrings" into a story, because sharp viewers too easily sniffed out the "red herrings"!  But, coming back to the issue here, yes, I agree, a writer should stick to the story they meant to tell and have the guts to follow through, because I think in soaps, a coherent framework is key.  My personal sticking point with Jelly is that "Paul is the serial killer" garbage.  The sad point with that one was, there was no plan to begin with.  They started the story and then tried to pin the killings on a character they chose later.  That is not forming a coherent framework, and definitely, no way to write a mystery!  But, that's last year's news.  They better not screw up the Valentin-Anna connection, or I will litter this thread with as much Jelly hate as Jonny litters it with his Jelly love.

Archived