Why do soap writers not know how to write compelling storylines?

• Members

I agree with you. Every thread has the same from him. It's beyond tired. I wish everyone could just stop replying but then he posts more because he's so thirsty for the attention. Yet he makes me out to be the bad guy when everyone else says the same thing to him. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Kman why arent u following your own advice u have responded to me a number of times? Sometimes i wish people would stop responding to you. I am not thirsty for attention i am speaking truth. I dont love Sally and Kay YR its boring me to tears. I am allowed to say that. I love my GH it had a truly what i call magical 2016. 2017 will be hard to live up but i trust our great writers. Kman stop playing the victim and post your coma inducing posts. For me i like to bring a little fun to my posts.

• Members

See? My point was just proven. I'm glad you ignore everyone else who says the same thing I do. If you don't like it, BLOCK ME. It's not that hard buddy. I respond because I foolishly try and give you the benefit of the doubt. Shame on me. It's hilarious you think I play the victim. You are so out of touch with reality. Damn.

• Members

LOL. So precious. If you didn't you wouldn't bring me up and you wouldn't seem so bothered by my reactions towards you. It's quite funny how often you contradict yourself. Try looking that word up, sweetheart

Please register in order to view this content

Happy New Year to you, don't ever change being so delusional!

• Members

Today's writers are hired for their verifiable ability to handle the workload and accommodate network"suggestions" without rocking the boat and/or causing production delays.

Talent, vision and a love of the medium are not requirements. 

• Members

Whats awesome is under Michael Fairman soapmakers article industry praising Jean and Shelly on his facebook. Susie Bedsow Horgan former OLTL says so well deserved. Felicia Minei Behr congrats all. Guess who is big smarttver she admitted Dena Higley. Dena said she admits shes a huge fan of Jean and Shellys work lol. Omg they are coming out of the woodwork.

• Members

I agree about writers stuck in the 1950's. How many " Who's The Father/Baby Daddy/Paternity/Long Lost Children" stories has Y&R done in the last 15 years ? There are no writers being hired who love the medium and want to write compelling stories. The same bunch soap hop after they get fired from one show to another. If you do find a good one, they just use soaps as a stepping stone till something better comes along.

• Members

This.

Another problem, maybe not with the writing, is hiring soap actors from other shows just because they're a "name". Most of the time the writing fails to deliver and the actor is left flailing and then out. Don't just hire someone to hire someone (FRANK VALENTINI)

Archived