Actress Debbie Reynolds Rushed To Hosp. After Stroke

Roman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Singing In The Rain is one of the classics of all time, and that is what will always be her career defining accomplishment, but she also had a pleasant voice.  "Tammy" isn't a great song but it is very pleasing to the ear because she sang so nicely.     This whole thing is just a shame and shows you how fickle fate can be.   A week ago the family had not a trouble in the world and then five days later they dead.    I don't think they ever said what prompted Carrie Fisher's heart attack, but if she had any sort of regular check ups  her doctor has some explaining to do.

• Members

Her role in Halloweentown is what I know her from the most, but I was well aware of her before that because my mother is a fan of golden age movies and loved her in The Unsinkable Molly Brown. The woman was a beast in this scene, she danced her butt off.

• Members

This is just...unbelievably sad. My heart goes out to her son, Todd. To bury his mother and his sister is just unthinkable. And poor Billie Lourd. I hope they can find comfort in each other and with Todd's half sisters.

2016 is just too cruel.

• Members

I will miss her, but I am not surprised or that saddened besides feeling for the family they left behind. This is how Debbie wanted to go out and this is how she got it. She always did it her way.

Carrie and Debbie lived next door to each other and were basically inseparable. There's a new HBO doc about their life together, Bright Lights, airing in May.

• Members

Carrie's daughter Billie Lourd is on that dreadful Scream Queens show - one thing made me grateful for that, namely her co-star Jamie Lee Curtis, who came from a background quite similar to Carrie's and has been dogged about standing up for Billie on social media in these last few days. Very few people can know what that kind of family is like, I'm glad the young woman has people who love her.

• Members

Good writeup on Debbie from a Daily Beast writer who interviewed her in 2011. She really did have such a complicated life. @BetterForgotten you probably already knew this, but Liz Taylor bought Burton's costume from Cleopatra to give to Debbie for her collection, even though she thought the idea was strange. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/29/the-unsinkable-debbie-reynolds-on-carrie-fisher-elizabeth-taylor-and-her-wild-hollywood-ride.html

And one of the better written Guardian celebrity death pieces I can remember in a while. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/dec/29/debbie-reynolds-hollywood-golden-age-singin-in-the-rain-carrie-fisher

Archived