Carrie Fisher passes away

cassadine1991

• Members

Carrie Fisher also did quite a bit of uncredited script doctor work. May she RIP.  Condolences to her mother, her daughter and brother and yes, her dog too.

I'm not even a pet person but when this was posted, it got me.

Then today, this.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on her novel/autobiography:

Carrie Fisher wasn't just a fundamental part of many, many little girl and gay geeks' identities (mine included; Leia was always my favorite), she was also an incredibly gifted comedienne and screenwriter, working on a zillion Hollywood blockbusters over the last thirty years.

• Members

Of course, "Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope" brought me into the fantasy/exciting world of the 9+episode soap operawe know as Star Wars. For that alone I will always treasure my childhood memories of Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, etc. 

Carrie Fisher in "our" world... Soap Dish

God bless her family,and her pup....Thank you for sharing her with us!

I saved this on FB, but haven't been able to watch it....yet.

• Members

She was my favourite part of Soap Dish...a very small part, but that line "An actress, really, how nice for you. I'm Betsy Faye Sharon, and I'm a bitch, now get out of here!" was dead on the money when it comes to casting directors.

I loved Carrie in the Amazon/Channel 4 series Catastrophe - she played Rob Delaney's mother and was so dark and hilarious...they just finished filming season 3 in London, which is what she was flying home from. 

I loved her book Postcards From The Edge. She was a fabulous talk show guest - so sharp and witty. She polished so many Hollywood scripts, from Sister Act to The Wedding Singer to Lethal Weapon 2 - Hollywood executives are going to be sad today, knowing there isn't anyone who they can send their scripts to for polishing into viable commercial work. 

Saddest of all is for Debbie Reynolds. There is an HBO documentary airing in 2017 about her and Carrie and it's clear the two were incredibly close. I hope her family is ready to lift her from her grief. No parent should outlive a child. 

Archived