Days: Joe Mascolo has passed away

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would require Marlena to get airtime

Please register in order to view this content

The DAYS cast has always seemed close to me so this loss has to hurt

You really do an amazing job Jason! That write up was wonderful. Made me miss him all over again this morning.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

That was indeed a beautiful tribute. I think what made Joe's portrayal of Stefano so much fun was that he clearly knew a lot of the material he was playing was ridiculous, but he just ran with it. He always looked like he was having fun and had that twinkle in his eye. I remember years ago at the SOD awards (I think it was in early 1997), they filmed a scene of him at the Psycho house.

A couple of years ago, it was a surprise and a thrill to see him in a 1969 episode of The Doctors (on Retro TV) as a cop of all things. The first thing I thought was, "Oh no!! Stefano's infiltrated the Salem PD and stolen one of their uniforms." LOL

Ahhh, the good old days when Stefano was keeping Marlena in a gilded cage in the Paris underground with the People of the Night. Good times! I loved his sidekicks Bart and Dr. Rolf. I loved the tribute card the show put up at the end of his final episode. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Mascolo, and rest in peace...

Archived