dragonflies

Days: Joe Mascolo has passed away

Thanks Jason for the wonderful tribute.

Interesting that Joe never mentioned his stints in NY soaps From These Roots and Where The Heart Is. It was always intimated that Days was his first daytime experience.

KMan101   

That would require Marlena to get airtime ;)

The DAYS cast has always seemed close to me so this loss has to hurt :(

On 12/10/2016 at 0:53 AM, JAS0N47 said:

Thank you, DRW. That means a lot. I try my best, but it's always the hardest when it's a long-time cast member. I know some news organizations prepare obits ahead of time, to have them ready to go, but I've always found it the most cathartic to not have anything prepared until the person passes. I think saving the work for the day it happens helps make the best tribute possible.

You really do an amazing job Jason! That write up was wonderful. Made me miss him all over again this morning.

Roman   
18 hours ago, theherowithin said:

Days won't be the same without Stefano.  The Prism storyline will always be my favorite. 

The 3 Prisms. one of Day's Best SLs. 

does anyone know when Days will air their tribute to Joe? 

That was indeed a beautiful tribute. I think what made Joe's portrayal of Stefano so much fun was that he clearly knew a lot of the material he was playing was ridiculous, but he just ran with it. He always looked like he was having fun and had that twinkle in his eye. I remember years ago at the SOD awards (I think it was in early 1997), they filmed a scene of him at the Psycho house.

A couple of years ago, it was a surprise and a thrill to see him in a 1969 episode of The Doctors (on Retro TV) as a cop of all things. The first thing I thought was, "Oh no!! Stefano's infiltrated the Salem PD and stolen one of their uniforms." LOL

Ahhh, the good old days when Stefano was keeping Marlena in a gilded cage in the Paris underground with the People of the Night. Good times! I loved his sidekicks Bart and Dr. Rolf. I loved the tribute card the show put up at the end of his final episode. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Mascolo, and rest in peace...

Edited by amybrickwallace