Days: Joe Mascolo has passed away

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the most charismatic actors soaps have seen. He made so much of JER's campy, absurd material seem fun and yet also appropriately twisted. More than anything I enjoyed his off-kilter relationship with Celeste, and his unexplored relationship with "Alexandra." 

I'm glad the show kept him on-contract to the end instead of treating him as some kind of burden. 

• Members

Aww man!

Please register in order to view this content

I literally was just thinking about him too! I actually love mimicking his voice when I'm board at work if that doesn't sound weird, haha, but another sad loss for a dynamic daytime legend!

RIP!!!

• Members

I had no idea he was so I'll or that he was 87. Even though Stefano was turned into a cartoon through the writing, JM always brought humanity and a presence that still made him worth watching. A class act. No need to be sad, he lived a wonderful life and gave people a ton of pleasure over the years. Thank you, Joe! 

• Administrator

No!! I loved Joe and Stefano Dimera.  Stefano was my favourite character on DAYS, and no matter what absurd things Stefano did, I always loved it because of Joe's portrayal.  He never phoned it in, he was always so watchable.  Some of my favourite storylines involved him: Maison Blanche, Aremid, Marlena's Possession, and Lady in a Cage.

Thank you, Joe!  RIP!

Please register in order to view this content

Wow, this got to me.  Great line, Roman. 

Archived