Prospect Park Vs. ABC Disney: CASE DISMISSED

• Members

You may be right, but most of the characters I most cared about were played by actors who can't return (they've passed on), won't return, or were unacceptable to ABC (they weren't white, weren't generic pieces of ass). If we hear that Opal has moved to Port Charles and has started killing nuns, I'll own up to my mistake. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In an ideal world, a return for AMC or OLTL would be great, and the Prospect Park versions were headed to a good place before it all went belly up. But is it fair to crap on the legacy of these shows for another failed reboot? If anything, ABC should trial them as telenovelas, running under the "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" banners with subheadings, meaning actors could return for short arcs and others could remain long term and intermingle with newbies. Online only, of course. It's a shame, if PP had all their eggs lined up properly these could still be airing today.

• Members

Hulu seems to be much more reliant on ad revenue. 

I wouldn't want AMC without Agnes. I do think OLTL could be revived very easily and would fit for the Netflix audience as much as some of the overhyped pap the press pimps out 24/7. But I know it won't happen.  

• Members

Sustainability (for the shows themselves) was never the issue. The productions were excellent, it's PP's management that was incompetent and underfunded.

As long as one of Agnes' heirs or proteges worked on AMC - preferably someone who worked on the online show - I'd be fine with it. But I don't anticipate anything happening with either show any time soon. Let them be for now.

• Members

Does anybody know if the PP versions of AMC and OLTL still available online, please? I'm in the UK, and struggled to watch them while they were still in production.

(Recently tried to watch The Bay also, and it is not available outside the US, which kinda defeats the purpose of online soaps, IMO). 

• Members

I could see a pop up appearance by Susan Lucci as Erica on GH for mainstream press & buzz. 

Anything and anyone else would be ho-hum that only the remaining viewers of ABC Daytime would get a kick out of. A reunion/short-lived revival arc for AMC is a loooong shot, and would only happen if it's centered around La Lucci. OLTL would never be revived on its own without AMC alongside it. Perhaps a All My Lives to Live reunion story arc to accommodate both, and ABC Daytime's long ago plan of combining both shows would finally come to fruition. Dare to dream. 

Archived