Prospect Park Vs. ABC Disney: CASE DISMISSED

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

\Valentini needs to get rid of the dead weight he brought to the table.  Plenty of under utilized characters on the canvas that are just waiting to be used.

With Sam pregnant, what if she called on Felicia to help with Morgan's case. She could be doing leg work, run into Curtis and (irritating) Jason. At least she'd have scenes (in character).  And we all know Sam's pregnancy will end up in the hospital....

We need some of these characters in scenes: Mac, Felecia, Lucas(MIA since wedding? NB?) as hes parents and cousin with an upcoming (zzzzzzzzzzz) wedding, why not? 

Instead we get Tom vsFranko , who look alike, btw...Let one kill the other, the other goes to jail as fast as Hornsby...  

• Members

I thought creatively, both revivals from PP were well done, particularly AMC's (which may have been both the easier and harder show to revive considering how gutted the show had been over years, but they didn't have to deal with the rabid OLTL fans who adored Carlivati's time on the show and those actors).  I can't imagine a revival of either show at ABC being remotely as good--

• Members

ABC would ruin them IMHO. I also thought that both revivals were very well done. I hated the bitching that someone's favorite wasn't on so it wasn't worth it, or that it was online. Um, IIRC, OWN picked them up for a very brief minute. So .... everything about it all just reeked and it sucks it didn't and couldn't work out. PP just wasn't ready to handle them. Shame.

• Members

Facebook soap comments are always garbage - there's this idea that Facebook is supposed to be a good representative of opinions. If it's supposed to show how stupid most people are, maybe.

With that said, sites like DC were fine with also dismissing the PP soaps for not being on ABC (or really, being done by "Cartini"), so I'm not surprised so many still feel free. 

And then of course the shows eventually were put back on TV but by then it was too late. 

I don't think ABC revivals would have to be that bad - I don't believe that OLTL could be worse than the last few years of its ABC run - but I'm not really clamoring for it either. I do think AMC should be allowed to rest, as an honor to Agnes. 

• Members

Agreed about AMC. Let that one rest. OLTL I could potentially see but even then it just feels like a huge stretch. And same, I'm not clamoring for either but I wouldn't be upset if it happened. I'd be cautious and maybe it would be better than their last few years on ABC. We may never know. It would depend who's behind the scenes.

I remember DC dismissing them. I think it bugged them too that AMC/OLTL were getting featured on Entertainment Tonight and other mainstream press. It was bitter jealousy on some level, but the person running DC comes off as petty and bitchy. JMO.

• Members

I completely agree.  There was a weird fetish on soap sites for the FV/RC OLTL as being an example of a creatively successful soap (which, at least in its last year, I don't think it was).  And AMC got thrown under the bus, even if it was canceled first.

Agnes Nixon was involved with the online reboot of AMC--and I think you're right DRW50 that it should die with her.

• Members

I will forever be grateful to the AMC revival for bringing Brooke and Dimitri back. And using Francesca James on camera (should have been Kelly though). I also love how the OLTL reboot used Kelley Missal and Dani.

I also felt AMC did a great job with recasting roles and the casting of AJ and Miranda. I also remember many bitching about the Cassandra kidnapping story. I think the beginning of it could have been written differently, make us care about the recast of her before shoving her into that kind of story, but I know they had limited time. THAT is modern soap storytelling, Jonny. AMC and OLTL were prime examples of actually becoming smarttv and trying to evolve.

Archived