Prospect Park Vs. ABC Disney: CASE DISMISSED

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was some talk prior to PP re launching the soaps in 2013 that ABC were thinking of doing AMC & OLTL as 13 hour long episodes over the summer of 2013.

Maybe that is something that could be done now

I dont want to ewatch them all come over to GH, again

• Members

Eh, the shows could relaunch tomorrow and probably do the same amount of ratings The Chew does. I don't see ABC rushing to reboot either soap but you're kidding yourself if you think they haven't discussed it or that they won't some day.

Not saying get hopes up but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility.

ABC could use their app to be like CBS and charge and launch original programming ...

• Members

Give it a rest for now, at least. Leave them alone unless ABC is willing to put them on streaming with actual quality creatives, not the same old hacks.

And no - it will never be the same for AMC without Agnes.

• Members

Does this mean they have the rights to stream and/or decide if reruns could be played on classic TV station? I say figure out the logistics (i.e. royalties, music rights, etc.) and rerun them somewhere. 

Please don't resurrect any soap opera at this point in time. Staunch fans (and, as a result, the people who produce/write the shows) will clamor for their longtime favorites to still portray bedhopping story-driving characters. It's time to come to terms that the actors we love are in their 80's, it's not the 80's. 

Archived