2016 Movie Awards Thread

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was neither's fault since they were given the wrong envelope.  What is their fault was that they said nothing about it.  Warren Beatty doesn't get to excuse himself by saying that he looked at the card and saw that it had the wrong information and instead of speaking up, he just stood by while Faye Dunaway read it out loud.  He had the ability to stop people from being embarrassed and he just stood there and did nothing.  That doesn't completely let Faye Dunaway off the hook but Warren Beatty could easily have alerted her that there may be a problem instead of essentially throwing her under the bus.

• Administrator

Yeah, multiple people are to blame the most but I blame Warren the most because he actually read the card, knew it was wrong, and basically did nothing. He just handed the card to Faye and all Faye saw was "La La Land" so that's what she read out loud.  I'm sure she saw Emma's name too but I don't think she knew that Emma wasn't a producer.  And she probably didn't see the bottom of the card where it would've said "Best Actress" because it's way at the bottom and so freakin small.  I bet next year, the category will be at the top and it will be bigger too.

• Toups unpinned this topic

Archived