DAYS: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought Jennifer & Eve wishing each other happiness, Hattie's crush on Roman, and, yes, even Daniel's visit to Nicole, were really touching (as long as he doesn't come back to, say, have sex with her. You know DAYS would do it).

Hall is playing the hell out of Hattie and KDP was also a bright spot.

I cannot believe Chad is now worshiping at the altar of Hope. Gag me.

Phillip's drugged acting was horrendous, and Brady hearing from a 'birdie' about the kidnapping was ridiculous (not to mention Deimos' thug answered the door wide open without even checking who it was first, despite having someone tied up in plain view, and Brady miraculously knew the room they were in) but both VI and EM gave good shock faces at the realization of the embryo face.

On an unrelated note, I love that SO many people are staying at the Kiriakis mansion. If that's what they need to justify that huge set, fine, but I also like the feeling of an extended family all coming and going in that mansion. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VI and EM REALLY sold the absurd story. So does AZ. Just when I was wondering when we'll see Maggie, there she is! And Nicole almost made it through an entire episode without crying. 

The sad thing about DAYS is that you can somewhat ignore the cheap production values... but the music cues actively work AGAINST the show, destroying the drama and making it a bit of a joke. That being said, the music they used as Nicole took off her ring was wonderful.

They are doing old-school build up with Sonny and Paul. I was so pissed when Derrick showed up and stopped them from kissing! lol Unfortunately, they did the same with Hope and Aiden and look like horribly they messed that up...

LOVED Brady and Sonny's 3 minute plus argument. Really well written and they acted the HELL out of it. You cannot tell me that was a Higley scene. No way.

• Members

Agreed about Brady and Sonny. I really enjoyed that. I also really enjoyed Paul and Sonny and was completely into the scene and then Derrick walked in. It was good. If we got more scenes like that, more emotional meat where I'm drawn in, I wouldn't care what the set or lighting looked like.

Hall has been playing the hell out of Hattie and I love it. It's nice to see her be given something to do to remind us that she can act.

I do think they should have given Hope a rest. She's been on almost non-stop in story after story after story. I know Reckell has little interest in returning because he's obsessed with being home with his family, which is adorable, but I'd rather see Bo appear to Hope and I would have rather seen Hope mourn Bo like Nicole has been mourning Daniel for the last year. Same for Will. I mean, I've never seen a case like this where they can't let Daniel go. Who is obsessed with him? Higley?

I just feel like DAYS wastes so much time. No one cares about Gabi and Chad, no one cares about Chole/Daniel/Nicole and their egg-baby (and yeah, the actors are actually selling the hell out of it and it really wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't tied to Daniel and if we actually, you know, saw it play out before). No one cares about Dario or Eduardo and their business. I mean, I'm sure some people do, but the show wastes time.

I also hate that it's really all about plot with Abby hiding in the attic. That should be one of the soapiest of them all and yet it's coma inducing. JJ and Abby are being thrown under the bus IMHO.

I agree I like that we see a lot of people living together. So many people at the Kiriakis place, Doug, Julie, Jennifer, JJ, Abby, etc. at Alice's house ... it works for me on a show like this and we get to have full sets.

It's also nice we are seeing the full Brady Pub set.

• Members

They do. SO much. Chad is great anywhere else BUT with Gabi. But Gabi's a pet, so she'll always have ALL the men. And I can deal with Eduardo just not with these stupid stories. Part of me wonders if they'd be able to change things around based on viewer reaction if the taping & writing wasn't so far ahead. They have no idea whether something's not working until it's too late... and then they've taped another 6 months of it!

But of course, there is a large possibility they do what they want and just don't care all that much.

I've also just realized 2 out of 4 US soaps are doing major embryo stories right now. They should do a crossover and call it a day. LOL

• Members

+1

I only enjoyed the brief JJ, Jennifer and Abby interaction at the beginning. And I do like Chad and Andre together. But overall? Ugh.

I had the scene on mute when Abby was melting down to Dario (um, more forced contrived BS) but Marci Miller looked like she was having a seizure. Ouch. Bad.

• Members

I'm finding a lot of little moments/scenes to enjoy, like Adrienne reaching out to Kate to discuss her cancer, Kate trying to be nice to Brady and miserably failing, Nicole and Brady arguing over the toy train, or Steve telling Kayla, "You know, we're going to end up raising that baby!" Those were great.

• Members

I don't really like what they're doing to Claire. To me it's deliberate in order to push Ciara and Theo. The writing just isn't there and Jovanni and Keegan aren't the strongest actresses. Keegan is far better than Jovanni but it's clear what the agenda is.

More Gabi. They don't need to push her so hard.

This Abby [!@#$%^&*] needs to be resolved ASAP because, like Jennifer, I'm losing my patience, lol. There's only really so much longer this can drag out but the kiss was probably just another thing to give her an anxiety attack and prolong the reveal. I hope it's the opposite and she storms in there. THAT would be different for a change.

I loved Julie, Abe and Valerie. I like that Julie was able to talk about David and that he was mentioned by name and that she admitted they aren't that close and don't spend holidays together. I never thought much about it but it sounds like the phone and social media are how they stay in touch. Susan Hayes was able to act for a change and not be given a one note rant towards Gabi that makes her look like a shrew. Vanessa Williams fits in wonderfully on the show.

I love your posts on DAYS because you basically sum it up in a few sentences and basically entirely echo my sentiments every time

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Same. She never crossed my mind but she fits in wonderfully. I really like her. I'm glad her son was tied to Julie and it seems Julie will continue to get airtime. I also liked the writing for Julie in those scenes. She's not given a lot of depth at times and I see so many people who are likely newer viewers dissing her or finding her annoying and I hate that.

I wouldn't mind Debbi going back to Y&R. Of course they SHOULD bring back Tonya Lee Williams first but the show could use a strong female black lead in that age range again.

Archived