YRBB

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

Did y'all catch Kevin mentioning that Scotty is becoming a lawyer? I like that. Has this been mentioned before?

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

Jack and Phyllis clearly aren't done with each other. I liked their scenes. I sort of wish Jack had given in and let Billy eat with them, I mean it is Traci and Ashley's house too so his stance is a bit much for me, but I also liked that he didn't, LOL. So, the angst was pretty good.

Love the shade she gave Jack after seeing the mistletoe. It was like I know you want a kiss real bad and you aint getting one ....BYE.....LOL

6 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Did y'all catch Kevin mentioning that Scotty is becoming a lawyer? I like that. Has this been mentioned before?

It wasn't Scotty but Fen that was mentioned that was studying to be a lawyer thus why he didn't come for the holidays.

Nope, He also said Fen and Scotty would be home next year. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope they will both be back by then. 

Won't Phyllis end back under Jack's thumb if he takes over Fenmore's?  

4 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

It wasn't Scotty but Fen that was mentioned that was studying to be a lawyer thus why he didn't come for the holidays.

Thanks. I could have sworn I heard "Scotty."

4 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Thanks. I could have sworn I heard "Scotty."

Lauren said that she was sad that her boys couldn't be there with her. Kevin mentioned how Fen had turned his life around and was studying to be a lawyer while talking to Michael.  Scotty was mentioned too but nothing about what he was up to.

Edited by Soapsuds

40 minutes ago, slick jones said:

I figured Lily was angling for a modeling job when she first sat down with Barry.

The last time she tried to be a model it was horrible & it'll be horrible if/when Y&R tries it again.

@ryanc Them being uninspired is a cop out. They manage to come up with all kinds of mess for Chelserella. I mean, she's uneducated and seemingly talentless if I go by the clothes we've seen her create. Yet she's this renowned designer with her own fashion house and set. She's even got folks who've been on way longer WORKING FOR HER! Lily is whatever they make her. If they can't make her anything then the failing is theirs not the character or the actress. 

@KMan101 Lily is tasked with playing matriarch of that family because Neil/KSJ hasn't taken off in a romance with anyone well enough to establish them in the role. If they want a family member to dog hilary's shadow and scheme against her then they need to recast yolanda and relieve lily of that duty. It's not suited to her. 

27 minutes ago, slick jones said:

Nope, He also said Fen and Scotty would be home next year. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope they will both be back by then. 

Hide contents

Won't Phyllis end back under Jack's thumb if he takes over Fenmore's?  

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure Scotty

was that journalist casting call the show put out last month. "Marcus". Aged 32.

13 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

The last time she tried to be a model it was horrible & it'll be horrible if/when Y&R tries it again.

Brace yourself. 

However, I think CK can pull it off better now. She's older now. With age comes a certain security and command of one's body. 

Edited by ajsp35801

40 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

I think they like making a fool out of this Lily. I remember people not liking her modeling gig.

I liked today's show. You can't really go wrong with a Christmas-y episode where you have characters gathered and engaging together in holiday cheer.

I agree about the Gloria in small doses-very small doses. I'd rather see Fen and Scotty but at the very least, the show now remembers that they exist. 

Lily and Cane's son looks a lot like Grandpa Neil.  As much as I wanted to see Hillary and Jill interact, that was too short and too bland. Maybe they decided to tone it down in the spirit of holiday cheer?

What can I say? The scenes at the Abbott mansion were nice.  

I guess if you're going to take over the writing duties of a show, the holidays are an ideal time.

3 hours ago, GMac said:

I think CK has it in her to give a Dru-ish edge to Lily, but not as long as she's with Cane.  Today she shot daggers at Hil with a simple look.  She is written so plain jane, it's silly that Dru's daughter is such a nothing character.

The reason why the viewers was happy she came back as Lily because she gave off Princess attitude. That's why she always come off as the victim. When she went up against Chloe or Hillary.  Both time she could have show off Dru-ish edge & she didn't.

Edited by MoTheGreat

3 minutes ago, MoTheGreat said:

The reason why the viewers was happen she came back as Lily because she gave off Princess attitude. That's why she always come off as the victim. When she went up against Chloe or Hillary.  Both time she could have show off Dru-ish edge & she didn't.

You're CK hate is uncompromising and unparalleled lol 

2 hours ago, ryanc said:

I'd say it was a pretty great show. I'll give credit where credit is due. The only thing missing are the stories which I'm assuming will start to take off in the new year. 

Oh and about Lily disliking Hilary, to me it makes sense. I mean.. there's no way Lily should be accepting of Hilary but at the same time it shouldn't be Lily's sole existence to hate her anytime she's on. Lily should have other things to do with her time too and it seems like she doesn't. @ajsp35801 I think you are right about them replacing Lily with Hilary. To be fair to the writers though, Lily is a pretty bland and boring character with CK in the role (IMO) and I'd imagine they must be pretty uninspired by her. With Hilary, there is so much they can do with her character. 

& it's ashame too because her parents wasn't bland or boring. I guess two exciting people make a boring kid.