Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn't Traci who convinced Billy to give Jill a second chance (she did fill the maternal space that Jill would've had he & John stayed in GC). That was mainly John (with help from Jack & Ashley).

Traci did advise Billy not be so mean to John & Billy was a big help to her with Colleen.

• Members

+1

No, I don't think you should put your hands on your employer, but I also don't think you should be dehumanizing and cruel to your employee. Id've been more than happy with Mariah cutting Hillary down to size verbally, she more than earned it. But pushing her was dumb.

Yeah I'm very happy about that. Dumb dumb dumb.

• Members

Yeah I can't wait to watch tonight's episode that airs at 4:30 here in Canada. I'm SO curious to see how she's going to write for some of these newer characters like Chelsea, Mariah and nuPhyllis etc. Maybe she can add some depth to them.

Another thing I enjoyed is how SS put emphasis on Nick being a struggling single parent to Christian and questioning his abilities as a father without his wife who is now dead. This is something Pratt would have never acknowledged. Christian would have just remained as another set prop who served no meaning. This should be a big deal in Nicks life right now. 

• Members

As someone who is very familiar with Y&R, but not always a day-to-day watcher, the show instantly felt like Y&R to me when I watched today. From Jill, to Traci to Ashley to Nick to Victoria .... it really was a breath of fresh air.

The opening with the Abbots having breakfast was well done and I actually got a bit emotional once they started showing the flashback of John. So that alone right there says they're doing something right.

Everything that was said and done just felt right and made sense. Jill reminding Billy that he was John Abbott's son was good. But I hated hearing Jill is going on a trip. Already?

• Members

IA about Chelsea -- she really needs to be developed -- but I don't think depth is an issue with Mariah and Phyllis. Mariah is an interesting, fairly complex character on her own (one of a handful in recent years, if that many!) and Phyllis has to be written in character again. What they both really need is good stories. 

Yes! But they did make a point of saying it was only a couple of days and Jill said on the phone she would be in and out from the hotel, so I'm hopeful.

• Members

Your right. I didn't word that properly, I meant it'll be interesting to see how she writes for those characters overall. Chelsea absolutely needs more depth though. Phyllis needs to have her edge back, her begging at Jacks feet isn't cutting it for me and needs to end ASAP 

• Members

Chelsea has coasted for such a long time. She was defined through Adam. I also think the potential pairing with Nick is nothing but snoozeville. I'm looking forward to Sally (and Kay's) take on the other characters. It's a bit sad that the first episode was all white (and I say this as one of the whitest people around) though but I'm squabbling here .... it was a great start. I think Sally should include people like Neil and Paul in her "important staples" but it is what it is.

And I do think we'll see Jill but it just struck me how it was mentioned she'd be away. I'm hopeful too.

I'm very much ready to see Lauren, and written IN CHARACTER.

• Members

Do they plan on using Beth Maitland regularly (like Jess Walton?) or is this just a visit? They need to keep her recurring. She looked amazing today too. So much better than they usually make her up. Phelps probably wanted her dowdy and matronly.

Archived