Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Love your post, Chris!  

For me, AH will never be a great actress no matter the regime or material. She sucks. The "I am woman" falls flat because she lacks the energy the character should have. This does not take away what SSM has done in just 2 eppies because I love the show right now. Vicky = turning to The Big Valley or Days depending on what time it is. 

Chelsea needs to leave YESTERDAY!  I used to be a fan but now I just don't see the point of her at all. She doesn't need to be fleshed any more than she already has. We've met her mother and father. Time to go. There's no place for the whitewashed rapist!  However, I suspect we are stuck with her as MCE's hubby might be someone a tad important at CBS. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good point. I was also reading, that when sales of stores drop to a certain point, brands starting pulling out and it becomes harder to attract and keep them. It becomes a chicken and egg scenario, people stop going to store because brands X, Y, Z aren't being carried, and brands X, Y, Z won't sell because of low store traffic.  They could do that with Fenmore's and  Jabot, Newman. Maybe Jabot, Newman looking out for their own companies have to start pulling products out of Fenmore stores, which not only hurts Fenmore's but also strains Lauren's relationships with the Abbott's,  etc. 

• Members

Yeah, it's a bunch of the more less developed characters with the most boring or 'difficult' stories (save Michael/Lauren and Mariah) AND a script written by Amanda L. Beall... but I hope they set things up well by the end.

• Members

I flove MM/Hilary.  She's so compelling to watch.  I'm looking forward to what SSM and KA have in store for her.

Mariah and Sharon  

Please register in order to view this content

The scenes with Paul and Dylan are good.  I actually felt sorry for Dylan just now.

The ep did start a bit choppy, but it's coming together.  It may not be as strong as the previous two days but it's still loads better than anything UpChuck gave us.

• Members

Neil was IN character! YAY!

She will be a massive Y&R star and a great character. All she needs is better stories & more careful writing.

Doug Davidson showed up for work! And Burton can only benefit from that.

Without a doubt.

• Members

Well they made me feel slightly for Dylan so that's a miracle unto itself. I'm not used to Steve Burton attempting to sort of kind of show up for work.

Doug Davidson did well. You can tell he appreciated the emotional meat he was given.

Neil in character is nice. I know Doug Davidson and Kristoff were featured quite heavily for UpChuck and I'm sure they appreciated the airtime but they're soooo much better off.

I think they probably had a few too many people on today and a little too much going on but it was still a good episode overall. You can just see them making an effort with this characters and giving them depth and emotion and making you care what happens to them. I'm engaged and not worrying about inane things. Unlike DAYS where I can't help but focus on ridiculous dialogue, bad lighting, bad sets, bad plots .... sigh.

Well, this character has been beaten down and ruined so it's going to take a bit ...

Archived