Hunk Chandler Massey

What character was a favorite of yours until the actor playing the role ruined it for you?

Dan   

To be honest, I'm not sure. But these are the Emmys. Sometimes shouty works (see Kim Zimmer, Jordi Vilisuso(sp?), Tom Pelphrey, etc.). 

P.J.   

Well, four of the six were in the supporting category---where sometimes "shouty" does get more recognition. Not to mention he was on Santa Barbara, which was a critical darling at the time.

There's no denying Deas' talent, but all that bluster wears you out after a while.

18 hours ago, John said:

JVD and Laura Wright asked to go do cameos at GL's end but ABC said no

Aw that's too bad. Both would've been great to see back. 

That said, in hindsight, Laura Wright made the right decision to jump ship to GH in 2005. 8 years after GL's cancellation and she still has her soap job. 

Khan   

Honestly, should I feel bad that I count Justin Deas (as well as his wife, Margaret Colin) among my all-time faves?

55 minutes ago, Khan said:

Honestly, should I feel bad that I count Justin Deas (as well as his wife, Margaret Colin) among my all-time faves?

I don't think you should.

When he dialed it back, I thought some of his performances in the roles I've seen (Bucky and Buzz) were masterful. 

Unfortunately, he got more and more over the top in the last decade of GL. But I felt his Emmy wins were more legitimately earned than, say, Natalia Livingston or Tom Pelphrey or half of Anthony Geary's.

On 11/15/2016 at 4:56 PM, Soapsuds said:

Mine would have to be Victoria. I loved the character until AH took over and I just stop caring for the character.

Is there another actress (Heather Tom not included) you'd prefer for Victoria?

Chris B   
On 11/20/2016 at 2:50 PM, edgeofnik said:

Y&R should done what ATWT did with AW Jake/Vicky, just moved Carly to Y&R. They already were in same universe as Michael appeared on ATWT and I believe Alison returned via Genoa City. Anyway, Carly's time in HK could've intersected with someone from Y&R and she was a designer, etc. The Diane recast was all wrong and it ended up as a terrible situation for an excellent actor and a legacy character. 

Maura West should've been a Grace recast. She had wonderful chemistry with Joshua Morrow and that role actually makes sense for her. Having her as Diane made ZERO sense. I only accept Alex Donnelly in that role. Susan Walters was fine, but she was no Diane. 

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Maura West should've been a Grace recast. She had wonderful chemistry with Joshua Morrow and that role actually makes sense for her. Having her as Diane made ZERO sense. I only accept Alex Donnelly in that role. Susan Walters was fine, but she was no Diane. 

I actually preferred Susan Walters over Donnelly. I liked Donnelly at the beginning of her run but when she later returned I found her version of Diane rather dull.

Maura west shouldn't habe been at y and R period.  Not a bad actress...but she just didn't fit on the show at all.

I liked KMH as Emily..but I always viewed her as a different character entitely...and I think that helped.

Donna on Bold and the beautiful....the original Donna was better then the Donna they have now.