What character was a favorite of yours until the actor playing the role ruined it for you?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, four of the six were in the supporting category---where sometimes "shouty" does get more recognition. Not to mention he was on Santa Barbara, which was a critical darling at the time.

There's no denying Deas' talent, but all that bluster wears you out after a while.

• Members

I don't think you should.

When he dialed it back, I thought some of his performances in the roles I've seen (Bucky and Buzz) were masterful. 

Unfortunately, he got more and more over the top in the last decade of GL. But I felt his Emmy wins were more legitimately earned than, say, Natalia Livingston or Tom Pelphrey or half of Anthony Geary's.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Maura West should've been a Grace recast. She had wonderful chemistry with Joshua Morrow and that role actually makes sense for her. Having her as Diane made ZERO sense. I only accept Alex Donnelly in that role. Susan Walters was fine, but she was no Diane. 

• Members

Maura west shouldn't habe been at y and R period.  Not a bad actress...but she just didn't fit on the show at all.

I liked KMH as Emily..but I always viewed her as a different character entitely...and I think that helped.

Donna on Bold and the beautiful....the original Donna was better then the Donna they have now.

Archived