What character was a favorite of yours until the actor playing the role ruined it for you?

• Members

Viki? You are giving her too much credit. She came across more like a knockoff Jessica. RC f--ed up by making her Connie. Completely erased everything that made Kate, Kate. 

Speaking of which I havent read through this thread but Id be shocked if Bree Willliamson's take on Jessica didnt get some mention

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Id say Carlivati. I actually liked the initial Tess story and thought the romance with Nash was done well. I know people may not have liked the initial retcon but Jessica could have recovered and I dont think she was actually ruined until RC got a hole od her. The problem is RC kept revisiting it and made it a joke especially when all those other stupid alters were thrown into the mix. It was almost like her default was Tess and Jessica was secondary

• Members

Jessica was a knockoff version of Viki/Niki too. They all were. No soap that has tried doing D.I.D. in the past 15 years has done it correctly. The last soap address the illness with class and be anywhere close to OLTL (at its heyday) was Another World with Sharlene/Sharly. 

When it comes to Bree as Jessica, I didn't mind her as Jess early on when she was with Antonio. When they paired her with Nash and made her a constant shrieking shrew with DID, I was done. She could've left the next day and never came back. I would've been fine with it. TBH, Jessica has never been an ingenue I took too. 

• Members

Bree Williamson can't act, so she never really worked as an ingenue, where you have to be able to either act or have strong presence (which she also didn't have). The DID story was unforgiveable trash, sick filth, but she did seem to fit as Tess. Carlivati then made Tess a byproduct of his bizarre fetishes, and Bree's performances went into the toilet. 

The low point for her will always be the Ford story, where they asked us to get our romance on over a perv raping a mentally ill woman because he was turned on by her thinking she was underage.

• Members

I loved Barbara Crampton on Y&R but I couldn't stand her Mindy on GL. The writing was no help (I think even with the sublime and sexy Kim Simms I would have grown to dislike Mindy), but between the complete lack of ability to even try an accent (although by that point no in the family aside from HB had one), the anti-chemistry with Vincent Irizarry, and how weak and feeble Mindy was, I was just so let down, especially because I had such good memories of her as Leanna. Only at the very end when she had some very strong scenes with Rick about killing Eve did I begin to see what might have been. 

• Members

She just did not fit as Mindy. Do you think they should've just retired the character after Kim Simms left? 

I don't think I could've grown tired of Kim Simms b/c she was MY Mindy. I just loved her, and I love Mindy/Nick. 

I always wish GL would've brought back Mindy/Nick and to see Beth's reaction to Nick, who is Lujack's twin. That would've been interesting to watch. 

• Members

I think without Kim or Krista Tesreau there wasn't much point to Mindy, although there was room for a strong recast when Kim first left. After that, not so much. If Patsy Pease hadn't had so many personal problems I think she could have been a decent recast. 

Archived