Sign in to follow this  
JONNYSBRO

GH revisits old 1998 tale

Just now, JONNYSBRO said:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-preview-lizs-rapist-returns/

What an interesting development Jean and Shelly are doing which is digging deep into the shows deep.history. a classic example of smarttv and digging deeper into.the pyscholigcal effects of character. what a riveting revisit ill say.

This is being done to whitewash Franco's many crimes. Making the shaggy haired aging stink face into a hero.

Edited by victoria foxton

9 minutes ago, JONNYSBRO said:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-preview-lizs-rapist-returns/

What an interesting development Jean and Shelly are doing which is digging deep into the shows deep.history. a classic example of smarttv and digging deeper into.the pyscholigcal effects of character. what a riveting revisit ill say.

No it's not, it just an excuse to prop Franco. It's an insult to that great storyline.

The original plan for the story was to never have her rapist revealed, which would have been more true to life and powerful. They changed their minds and a poor resolution popped up as a result. 

Given that Franco is a rapist how thrilling for them to explicitly say this return is about their relationship. Maybe they will trade tips.

13 minutes ago, JONNYSBRO said:

This is rape revisted 2016 just like Guza did in 1998 with Luke and Laura. this will be gutwrenching stuff and amazing.

I will quietly reserve judgment for now until I see how this plays out, but I usually will not complain when a soap scribe remembers a show's history, and uses the history to good advantage.  I will say this though.  At least this isn't another mob story!

3 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

This is rape revisted 2016 just like Guza did in 1998 with Luke and Laura. this will be gutwrenching stuff and amazing.

Well at least it won't involve a son berating his rape victim mother for months on end. 

Thanks Victor i gotta say u have awesome criticism insight. its not rewriting history its revisiting actually one of Guza 1998 stories with juxtaposed Liz rape with Luke and Laura rape revisted. honestly 1998 was a brilliant year for GH I think it was Guzas best stuff ever. it was a brilliant story. Jean and Shelly are smart to dig in history but revisit it not rewrite  its gutwrenching stuff.

I don't think this can help make Franco palatable.   Even if they make him see that only no good meanies pretend to commit rape, and let's face it that is about how deep this story will go,  it can't help RH's obnoxious delivery.   It also can't help with his limited skill set which prohibits him from playing anything other than the exact same character on every soap and even with every character on the same soap.    This character was horrible from day one, and nothing they try will make him better.   

5 minutes ago, quartermainefan said:

I don't think this can help make Franco palatable.   Even if they make him see that only no good meanies pretend to commit rape, and let's face it that is about how deep this story will go,  it can't help RH's obnoxious delivery.   It also can't help with his limited skill set which prohibits him from playing anything other than the exact same character on every soap and even with every character on the same soap.    This character was horrible from day one, and nothing they try will make him better.   

+1

2 hours ago, quartermainefan said:

Nothing else needs to be said!

36 minutes ago, LoveDays said:

In the short article, they say his name is Tom Baker!  His name was Tom Yergin!  Was that a mistake or did they change the last name for some reason?

I thought it was Yergin also. I kind of remember it being Baker, though, too.  He may have changed the name to Baker in the storyline for more people to hire him as a photographer because Yergin sounds more ethnic. 

In my GH Masterlist Questions Thread Tom Yergin you can see that's what I referred to him as, from several sources.