Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Dynasty: Discussion Thread

dragonflies

• Members
1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

That's the problem. It fails both as an homage AND a show for new audiences. It's anachronistic in so many ways but tries superficially to feel new and oh so 2017. No one was really asking for this, and the poor producers knew what they signed up for.

Actually, people have been asking for a new DYNASTY for YEARS! Some people wanted a reboot, some people wanted it to move forward with a younger generation of LB, Danny, and Krystina but, yeah, just about everyone was clamoring for Dynasty to be back on TV.  It's already been renewed for Season 2 so unless you find a way to come to some sort of peace over this new version of Dynasty, you're in for a rough couple of years.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
2 minutes ago, adrnyc said:

Actually, people have been asking for a new DYNASTY for YEARS! Some people wanted a reboot, some people wanted it to move forward with a younger generation of LB, Danny, and Krystina but, yeah, just about everyone was clamoring for Dynasty to be back on TV.  It's already been renewed for Season 2 so unless you find a way to come to some sort of peace over this new version of Dynasty, you're in for a rough couple of years.

Lol. I'll be fine ignoring the show like most other viewers.

• Members
Just now, Faulkner said:

Lol. I'll be fine ignoring the show like most other viewers.

It's just that you don't seem to be. You took the time to click on an article (if you didn't actually go so far as to seek it out) that is about the new Dynasty. Then you got so upset about it that you had to come on to a message board to post it and bitch about it. That doesn't sound like ignoring the show to me.

• Members
1 minute ago, adrnyc said:

It's just that you don't seem to be. You took the time to click on an article (if you didn't actually go so far as to seek it out) that is about the new Dynasty. Then you got so upset about it that you had to come on to a message board to post it and bitch about it. That doesn't sound like ignoring the show to me.

I read Vulture. I saw this, thought it sucked, and brought it here since I'd spoken about the show in the past. That's pretty much the extent of it. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

I read Vulture. I saw this, thought it sucked, and brought it here since I'd spoken about the show in the past. That's pretty much the extent of it. 

Great! I probably won't see you on here again then. Take care!

• Members
9 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

They couldn't give them more than 15 seconds for an opening? Lawd. I like the nod to the original opening but they needed at least 20-30 seconds.

Judging by the ratings last night, maybe 15 is a tribute to the amount of viewers they'll soon have.

• Members
23 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Judging by the ratings last night, maybe 15 is a tribute to the amount of viewers they'll soon have.

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah, the demos are now at 0.2 with 0.73 in viewers ....both down from last week. I don't know how this show got a renewal already. If CW doesn't give two shits about ratings than I'd put some ATWT and GL on the air....I am sure they would get even better ratings in prime time.

I haven't watched since the first episode. I didn't see last week's or yesterday's show.

• Members
4 hours ago, Hunk Chandler Massey said:

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah, the demos are now at 0.2 with 0.73 in viewers ....both down from last week. I don't know how this show got a renewal already. If CW doesn't give two shits about ratings than I'd put some ATWT and GL on the air....I am sure they would get even better ratings in prime time.

I haven't watched since the first episode. I didn't see last week's or yesterday's show.

I read an article in either Variety or Entertainment Weekly that explained that CBS owns Dynasty 100%, therefore it's a cash cow for them. They've made so much money off of it already by just selling it overseas that it was a no brainer for them to renew it for a second season. Although I couldn't get into the show, I think I'll wait until the first season is over and then binge watch it over the summer; see if it goes somewhere.