Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ho boy, the first Alexis/Cristal cat fight occurred and it was actually pretty decent. The exposure of Cristal overhearing Alexis and Hank was classic, however the actress who plays Cristal(just got married to Zach Roering I hear) remains dreadful. 

I'm sorry but I can't buy Kelly Rutherford's obviously fifty-something character being pregnant for one minute at all.

I love Sheridan and Gillies, and the actor who plays Sam is smoking hot; the rest of the show has just been meh to me. Jeff and Monica are interesting, but their matching glitter disco jump suits they wore in last night's episode were downright embarrassing. 

• Members

I'll always be team Alexis.. no matter if it's Joan Collins or Nicholette Sheridan.  At least when Linda Evans was Krystle.. it was evenly matched (JC's Alexis had the smart aleck remarks, but Linda Evans' Krystle had the ability to throw a good punch).  The current Cristal is just dreadful.

And I agree that the actor playing Sam is hot.. but Heather Locklear was superior as Sammy Jo.

• Members

Kelly's 49.

Anyway, it was foreshadowed by her mentioning that she and her husband had been trying to have children and late in life pregnancies happen. I'm happy Kelly Rutherford will stay on the show.

• Members

no you're not. LOVED original Kirby. what shocked me was that it was the same actress who was in The Godfather, and she hadn't aged a day in the 10 years since the film. 

I loved the entire show. it needs to have much better pacing. scenes and dialogue go too quickly. so for next season the need to streamline the cast. way too many people. and, I'm trying to like Crystal, but she can't emote, she has the same look on her face every scene, and the only time I've seen her stretch herself was in the SF. my hope is that that changes for next season, because I'm quite sure she's heard the blowback from fans.

But, even though it took some time for it to find its footing, it is where it needs to be, and the finale made national entertainment news. 

this Crystal is weak where Alexis and Fallon are concerned IMPO. she's always left just standing there when those two get a great jab in, so for me it makes the battles very uneven.

• Members

I have enjoyed Nicollette Sheridan, just as I always have in most everything she's been in...but she's not playing Alexis and this isn't Dynasty. Alexis is Joan's and Dynasty belongs to the 1980s.

The season finale cliffhanger was well executed technically because it partially redeemed Alexis as she said to Blake "I've done a bad thing..." and then ran to save Cristal while the barn burned. What was odd was Steven's whereabouts in the fire - it didn't make sense for him to just disappear. The fire was very well done - it looked so realistic.  

I will be interested to see how this cliffhanger resolves. Mission accomplished.

• Members

Seeing mixed reactions in here. Maybe I'll try to go back and watch. I don't know if I can watch that many episodes though, lol. I'll try ... I just have to have some expectations in check I guess. It's a CW show after all. I saw the first couple of episodes ... a little rushed but not the absolute worst I suppose. lol

Rutherford and Sheridan joining helps immensely. They can drop Cristal for all I care. Kill her off. I hate saying that but she adds literally nothing, which is a shame.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It certainly is...this version of Dynasty puts Alexis in a scrappier light. She isn't as cunning or as powerful as Joan's Alexis. She is on the make and desperately seeking relevancy and power. Joan's Alexis was far more dangerous and Machiavellian - the ends truly did justify the means. Joan's Alexis was scarier. 

Nicollette's Alexis is lighter, a bit campier, and she has a conscience that rattles her confidence. Her Alexis knows when she's done "a bad thing"...and so when she leaves Blake and runs up the stairs to where she thinks Cristal is, it's redeeming and just a tiny bit...moving? 

Joan's her Alexis would have looked towards the stairs, knowing Krystle was locked up in the burning loft thanks to her, and for a moment her eyes would communicate Alexis' thought that maybe she should save her...but then they'd go cold again and she would turn away and save herself. 

Thanks! It's interesting to analyze what Nicollette is doing/can do with what she's been given. And get onto the Royals - Joan has two great episodes!

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

It does make me wonder if they are planning to build Nicollette's Alexis up to that level (more dangerous, cunning) as the series goes on. Or is she destined to be a Blair Waldorf...who started off on GOSSIP GIRL as the bitca you did not cross and she was cunning and vicious before later seasons watered her down to comic relief?

I'm still back on end of Season 2.

Please register in order to view this content

But glad to hear she did great though I admit that I am shocked she only did two episodes and who knows if she will be back if it is renewed given Dame Joan will be doing the next season of AMERICAN HORROR STORY.