Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Members

What I liked about the twist of Fallon paying off the anesthesiologist... it makes her as vindictive as her father and possibly her mother.  I finished the first episode being more on Alexis' side then Fallon/Blake's side.

Based on the summaries for the next two episodes.. it appears like Alexis vs Fallon is on.. while Blake/Cristal are having marital problems... so the show is wise to keep Cristal vs Alexis on the backburner (but lets face it... Cristal is badly written and badly cast.. so I'll automatically be team Alexis).

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^So ture. I can't find the article from Entertainment Weekly from last fall, but I did write on this board, at the time, that a big wig at CW, who was being interviewed, said that they had already unofficially renewed Dynasty because of the Netflix sales. 

• Members

I do like the show alot. the one thing I hope they work on for next season is the quick pacing. every character sounds like they talk a mile a minute to get in as many scenes as possible. LOL. but, the actress who plays Fallon is really the star of this show IMPO. she is dynamite. she steals every scene she's in. 

• Members

I totally agree, they have struck gold with Elizabeth Gilles. It will be interesting to see how they develop the Fallon character and if they keep Jeff in her orbit considering how much this incarnation of Dynasty has went in an opposite direction than the original with this pairing. I really hope they do something different with Jeff than continue with him having a vendetta against the Carringtons only for him to always be defeated by them. Part of me wonders if this Liam character is going to turn out to be Adam Carrington, they've already mentioned Adam so I wonder when they'll revisit this character.

I think the amount of conflict between Blake and Cristal makes them hard to root for as a couple, they'll need to overcome this or the writers will need to find a way to develop Cristal in her own right, I don't get the love between these two and for Cristal to have longevity on this show she'll need to be a more fleshed out character and her relationship with Blake explored further. And unlike the original, there's definitely still feelings and a spark between Blake and Alexis so I'll be very intrigued to see where they go with them, Grant Show and Nicolette Sheridan have great chemistry but I think this Alexis needs to have her own love interest too before anything happens with them, in order to develop a little more independence for Alexis. Could we see a Dex Dexter in the new season?

• Members

agree on all points. other than Fallon IMPO, and maybe Sammy Joe and Anders, not too many characters in the show have any kind of layers.  it's light where the others are concerned, and the action should come from the characters.  we don't know what fallon will say or do from one moment to the next, and plus for me the stories move so fast at times, I'm like "Slow down please". the very good thing though is there is alot of promise, Dex maybe coming up next season, but for B&C they always seem to make up for the most prat by the end of the episode. IA with you.......this Carrington/Colby war needs a bit of work. wonder if they will bring Jason Colby on? and who would play him?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Studio catfight!

Jeff / Monica making their entrance as (half) Carringtons!

Gay wedding!

Claudia going bonkers!

Someone setting a fire with Sammy Jo / Fallon / Alexis inside!

It's everything and the kitchen sink time and why the hell not?

• Members

Saw part of Friday's show since there was nothing on.....

Adam is not Adam but I think he'd be the him. Isn't he the actor that was on soap on VH1 where he played a gay character? He looked so familiar.

So Jeff and Monica are now AA.....ok.....

The wedding is Steven's and Sam?  Yawn......

This reboot is a complete mess/paraody of the original.

• Members

I admit that other than the Alexis promos I haven't given it that much thought other than a clip here or there.

But I liked that promo and am tempted to view it because red is soooo Fallon's color and what she said about dynasty was great.

And the catfight...gives me a vibe of the Season 1 finale of EMPIRE where Cookie and Boo Boo Kitty got into it. 

• Members

I'd say Alexis is much much worse than in the original.

Getting someone to pretend to be your kidnapped, possibly dead, son to try and get a take-over of Carrington Atlantic is low, even for her.

Jeff and Monica's mom is apparently Millie Cox... aka Dominique, Blake's half-sister via his father.