Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Members

I do think they’ve done a good job building up to Alexis. The stories are a little different but they’ve definitely honored the spirit of original stories while updating them and Fallon’s arc has largely been about the affect Alexis’ exit has had on her life. On the original when Alexis arrived Fallon drifted into the background and became a weak heroine which is why Pamela Sue Martin quit and refused to come back. They barely scratched the surface on Alexis’ relationship with her kids. I think that aspect will be better than the old series. 

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I actually kinda like this show but it does need work. Somehow, I believe in it having potential. It's gotten a full season order so this is the chance for a bit of retooling. The introduction of Alexis would definitely be a step in the right direction, much like she was the right decision to be made in the original.

HA! The infamous Paige Matheson is Alexis. Let the games begin!

• Members

This could have worked years ago. Between Nicolette's facial changes and loss of confidence, I can't see it working now. She's also too well-known for the role - Joan Collins was mostly a B-list TV actress to many Americans so they could enjoy her for the first time as Alexis. Nicolette is Paige, she's Edie, etc. 

I do hope it works out for her, as the way Marc Cherry treated her was dispiriting, and she's one of the only actresses on that show who is even remotely likeable.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I see this as a win for everyone.

A win for Nicollette Sheridan, who I have always liked, and who I think was given a raw deal from Marc Cherry and ABC. It is good to see her working and get a higher profile role. She was one of the best things about Desperate Housewives. 

And a win for Dame Joan. Nicollette will be fine in the role, but she, like this series itself, will also be wholly forgettable. When people think of Alexis, they will think of Joan evermore. 

• Members

The thing about Nicollette is that she was very good on Desperate Housewives. So good, in fact, that it caught people by surprise and suddenly her supporting role got elevated and she got the Vanity Fair cover with the rest of 'em, much to the chagrin of Hatcher et al. And she deserved the approbation. 

She will succeed as Alexis, insofar as this series is concerned, as she is a capable actress. It's the kind of unexpected casting that Joan was. I tip my hat to the Shapiros.