dragonflies

Dynasty: Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I haven't bothered with Riverdale yet but I might give it a shot.

I tried Riverdale when it debuted and didn't stick with it, but I don't think I can really blame that on the show itself. I had too much going on at the time to keep up watching. Plus, it's considered one of their hits now, so I guess I don't have to worry about it not lasting. It would be nice to watch a pair of CW dramas regularly again.

16 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

I tried Riverdale when it debuted and didn't stick with it, but I don't think I can really blame that on the show itself. I had too much going on at the time to keep up watching. Plus, it's considered one of their hits now, so I guess I don't have to worry about it not lasting. It would be nice to watch a pair of CW dramas regularly again.

I've tried it and it really isn't very good, so you can probably blame part of it on the show. It all feels like an "edgier" version of a one-season wonder from the WB 20 years ago.

6 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

The promo was embarrassing and cringe worthy. I'm not even mildly curious. 

Yes agreed. My mom and I watch certain shows together although I'm married and we don't live together. I see her often, we also watch certain shows together.

We just looked at each other and were not happy. lol. We were looking forward to all that old time drama from back then. We expected it not to be but it was worse.

I swear I miss those old episodes of Dynasty. I would love for them to air all the old episodes and I would bet many would watch and they can profit off the royalties.

I will say I liked the new Dallas it wasn't the same as the 1st but it wasn't a disappointment as the reboot of Dynasty is.

Edited by YRestlessfan

If they hired Zoe Lucker as Alexis, I'd watch. She might be a touch young (43) and of course she's no Joan, but I'd just love to see her play a rich, fabulous bitch again after Tonya from Footballers' Wives.

4 hours ago, Faulkner said:

If they hired Zoe Lucker as Alexis, I'd watch. She might be a touch young (43) and of course she's no Joan, but I'd just love to see her play a rich, fabulous bitch again after Tonya from Footballers' Wives.

Mmmmmm...Tonya Turner...

2 hours ago, Hunk Chandler Massey said:

0.3 demo and 0.98 in viewers for last night's episode.

Riverdale last season got those ratings...and crazy ex girlfriend gets even lower ratings..yet both lived to see another week/season.

CBS owns Dynasty, and owns a stake in the CW, so it's likely profitable regardless of how dismal the ratings are. But from it's 1980s glory, there's no worries for the legacy of the original. 

37 minutes ago, DaytimeFan said:

CBS owns Dynasty, and owns a stake in the CW, so it's likely profitable regardless of how dismal the ratings are. But from it's 1980s glory, there's no worries for the legacy of the original. 

Yep. It's likely ratings won't really matter. I guess unless they sink to really really low. Here's a good link about this:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-the-cw-week-3-dynastys-slow-start-wont-matter/

19 hours ago, Faulkner said:

The new opening credits premiere tonight.

Here's a clip. So. Bad.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/dynasty-reboot-opening-credits.html

Oh, come on. Did you read the article? They were given 15 seconds to do an opening and they tried to pay homage to the original WITH ONLY 15 SECONDS.  What would you have done with your 15 seconds given to you by the network? How would you have created a better opening sequence?  Please post your example below.

12 minutes ago, adrnyc said:

Oh, come on. Did you read the article? They were given 15 seconds to do an opening and they tried to pay homage to the original WITH ONLY 15 SECONDS.  What would you have done with your 15 seconds given to you by the network? How would you have created a better opening sequence?  Please post your example below.

I just don't think it was worth it. It looks cheap just like the rest of the show. Give a title screen that provides a hint of the old theme and run the credits over the following scene like all the other primetime shows.

2 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I just don't think it was worth it. It looks cheap just like the rest of the show. Give a title screen that provides a hint of the old theme and run the credits over the following scene like all the other primetime shows.

The poor producers of that show. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. I didn't love the show - could only watch the first half of the first episode. But that's because I have a very strong attachment to the original. This isn't the original. It's a new show - made for today's audiences. It's not for lovers of the old Dynasty. We all need to move on.

1 minute ago, adrnyc said:

The poor producers of that show. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. I didn't love the show - could only watch the first half of the first episode. But that's because I have a very strong attachment to the original. This isn't the original. It's a new show - made for today's audiences. It's not for lovers of the old Dynasty. We all need to move on.

That's the problem. It fails both as an homage AND a show for new audiences. It's anachronistic in so many ways but tries superficially to feel new and oh so 2017. No one was really asking for this, and the poor producers knew what they signed up for.