Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm pretty sure the "Sam" character played by Rafael de la Fuente is actually the new, male Sammy Jo(e). At least that's what The Futon Critic has, and it makes sense from the character description in the article SFK originally posted: "a cute schemer who has a one-night stand with Steven." Also, based on ethnicity, I'm assuming he'll also be related to Krystle.

Not sure how I feel about it quite yet, but I think it's a positive sign for those who were worried that they would downplay Steven's sexuality.

• Members

That's interesting, didn't think of that ("titi Cristal").

The thing that I do think of whenever this reimagining crosses my mind is how faithful the show will be to the original when it comes to the Adams, the Amandas, the Dominiques... characters who had mysterious/surprise intros.  You can't really do that twice.  I mean, you can, but... I wonder if those characters will even make it to the new series, and if so, will the original back stories be glossed over.

• Members

The casting of Grant Show (ex-Rick, RH; ex-Jake, MP) in the Blake Carrington role in the upcoming Dynasty reboot was an error. The reason is Grant Show is too young. Actors like Michael Douglas, Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Richard Gere, Gregory Harrison, Bruce Boxleitner, Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, and other matured actors would have been suitable choices for the esteemed Carrington family patriarch.

• Members

IDA that he's too young. We all know none of these actors (more or less) would ever do DYNASTY. Second, Show is 55 and Forsythe was 62/63 when DYNASTY started, so the difference isn't massive. Third, he's married to someone who looks 18. The age difference is, therefore, big enough. Fourth, he's recognizable, and fits well into CW. He doesn't have to look ancient or to mimic Forsythe in that regard. What 60 looked like in 1981 is no longer what it looks like now. I really don't think it's an issue at all.