Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe it has been relocated to Atlanta, where they will be filming.

Alan Dale has been cast as Anders according to Deadline.

James Mackay has been cast as Steven Carrington. I haven't seen a formal announcement, but the casting company working on the show states they are looking yo cast a fill-in for James Mackay in the role of Steven.

• Members

It's posted on IMDb, but I know people can edit that. This article mentions him, but it appears that the source is IMDb, also.

Southern BG Casting claims to be handling the casting of extras for the pilot of Dynasty. The dates coincide with the dates of the filming Dynasty. In a post dated March 8 on their Facebook page, it says:

Looking for:
Male Caucasian stand in height 5'11 weight 160-180 ages 25-45 brunette for actor James Mackay. Please look him up before submitting. Need like type. Must have open availability between March 21- April 3rd. Rate 140/12
Subject: Steven

I'm sorry if people I was misleading.

• Members

Upon a quick Googling, James Mackay [sic] is much more attractive than the photo Soapsuds posted in disgust (and he clearly took his time to troll for the worst possible photo he could use) when he discovered the man was not barely 18 and 90 pounds soaking wet.

For the record, I am hardly for CW's Dynasty - I just find the way some people pick and choose their creeper photos to be very calculated.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's no problem. I've just been seeing this going around forums as definitive -- if it is, then why haven't any official publications written about it, when they have reported on every other actor cast? Like you said, IMDb can be edited.

I think all people have been going on is casting or the casting director. I guess he could be Steven but it's just as likely that James Mackay is simply someone involved in Steven's story (a lover, a friend, an ex, or -- please no -- some homophobic heckler).

Edited by YRBB