Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Members

If they're going back to the original premise of Krystle (excuse me, CRISTAL) vs. Fallon, then it's probably smart to have the two women roughly the same age.  Anyone who even knows about the Iris/Rachel rivalry on ANOTHER WORLD understands how complex and juicy that dynamic can be.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've only seen bits of the original Dynasty so I don't have an allegiance to it. But considering what the CW did to Melrose Place I don't have much hope for this succeeding. With that said, however, The CW should pull in Katie Cassidy (Ex-Ella, MP 2.0) in as the new Amanda. From what I know of the character, she could play the hell out of it and she IS someone that the CW audience is familiar with from MP, Gossip Girl, and Arrow. 

• Members

I wonder if they'll even go there with Adam and Amanda. If they're aging the characters down (even if only aesthetically speaking), then four adult or young adult children might be too much for Blake and Alexis, plus I would imagine they're downsizing the cast. Spoiled rotten Fallon and pissy gay Steven would be enough.

• Members

She was also on Supernatural.

I think she could be alright, the only thing is she's had, I believe, some distracting facework in recent years. That and a lot of Arrow fans virulently hated her to the point where they'd likely try to [!@#$%^&*] all over another project she's in.

• Members

Katie Cassidy was a revelation on MP 2.0. She stole that whole show. She also was pretty decent as the doomed bride on CBS' Harper's Island miniseries. Why CW viewers seem to detest her on every other show I can't imagine.

• Members

IMO she is too old. Amanda should be college aged and clearly the youngest child. At 30, she's a better fit for Fallon or Claudia

Amanda is redundant with Fallon around. The only reason she existed was bc Fallon wasnt on the show. I dont see them casting her. Adam is a different story. 

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Amanda has the potential to be a great character should the reboot go there and they keep the backstory that Alexis kept her pregnancy secret from Blake after he banished her from Denver only to later learn he is the father. There's a lot of potential to have her as the outsider, eager to build relations with the father she never knew she had and resentful towards her mother for keeping her away from the rest of the Carringtons all her life, jealous of Fallon and wanting everything she had - so much untapped potential for an Amanda/Fallon dynamic that the original Dynasty never explored. They could then go back down the Royal Wedding route with her again and pay homage to such an iconic Dynasty story.

Is the reboot still set in Denver or have they relocated it?