Agnes Nixon has passed away at 88

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reading through this thread, I am coming to the realization that this really feels like the end of an era. 

For some reason, it bothers me that there was no one 'meeting place' where fans around the country (perhaps the world) could 'tune in' collectively and reflect on her legacy and watch episodes together. If SoapNet were still on the air, surely they would've had an AMC marathon?

The blogs and soap themed podcasts are great but it can't really offer the prestige of an official site or TV channel ( even a dedicated website) where fans of the show, fans of the genre can gather together.

• Members

I am so glad she was able to re-craft her show her way at Prospect Park after years of being shut out, and that it was beautifully done. (And if she did have a hand in working on OLTL again, that's lovely.) I think it just proves that her legacy is both the past and potential future of soap opera and serial drama.

• Members

I'm very happy that Agnes held out for this long....she looked like she didn't have much longer even during this interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDdlhnT1hAg

While my sampling of AMC/OLTL has always been sporadic at best, the fact that Agnes put her stamp on the most iconic characters/moments to come from these soaps, always proved that she was indeed the "queen" of modern soap opera.....she also really did seem like a fun personable, and very wise woman based off of the great interviews she gave that are floating around....even her emmy legends interview where the interviewer clearly had no knowledge of most of Agnes's work, still held up strong....

RIP! :( 

Archived