YRBB

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Oh god yes. Chelsea just makes me itch.

I never liked Friends much, but when it started Schwimmer/Ross was my favorite. By the end, I despised him and felt he was easily the worst character and actor in that cast. I’m cringing at the thought of him and Messing together, but most of Grace’s love interests are terrible.

Quick addendum: Schwimmer came into our work office one day maybe five or six years ago to do a reading of some script he was producing, and I was surprised at how attractive he was. It doesn’t come across for me onscreen.

Edited by Faulkner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

lmao!

Please register in order to view this content

Oddly I can see it working. It will feel a little bizarre. But he's older. I felt the same way as you about him on FRIENDS. I think they all developed some egos on that show and have over time humbled. LeBlanc is still desperate to shed Joey (I love his co-stars on his sitcom but I just can't get into it).

I think it helped he (Schwimmer) didn't do a lot after FRIENDS (probably because it felt like he regressed as an actor on that show). Some things but not a lot. He kind of fell out of the spotlight then squeezed back in on Murphy's OJ Simpson trial series.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I’m certainly willing to be pleasantly surprised, and Schwimmer has *some* comic timing. I never watched that short-lived drama about chefs he did for AMC, but I imagine not many people did. Unless he had very poor financial management, he shouldn’t have to work again and can be choosy. But unlike his castmates, his few choices haven’t paid off at all critically or commercially, save for OJ.

LeBlanc has really transformed himself in my eyes. Letting himself go gray was the best thing that ever happened to that guy.

• Members

Feed the Beasts was a good show, I really got into it. I give most of AMC's shows a fair shake. I never really watched Friends until the last couple of seasons. Schwimmer never really impressed me, but I enjoyed his turns on FTB and in the OJ series.

LeBlanc looks great with the gray hair, and his show is on my DVR.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I saw it. Shrug. Felt like a filler episode. (It was the second episode they filmed, and Bob Greenblatt told Mutchnick and Kohan that they should use it as the premiere because it was funnier. Yikes.) Sean Hayes is a gifted physical comedian, but the numbing face cream bit left me cold.

I did see something between Schwimmer and Messing, though. I like they are leaning into Schwimmer’s unpleasantness instead of making him into this charming goof.