Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YRBB

Will & Grace Revival

Recommended Posts

Dreadful episode.

 

The subplots were inane and the whole balance was thrown off by having Grace interact with Noah only. Karen and Jack didn't share I scene.

 

His character was unpleasant yet we're obviously expected to buy into the non existent chemistry between the two.

 

I did laugh at the face cream antics but the rest of the jokes were pretty dire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The beard really works on Eric McCormack, dyed or not.

 

The hair up top is looks a bit toupee-y/hair pluggy, though.

 

In any case, I felt this episode was leagues better than last week’s. They never should have swapped them.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't agree more. This episode was miles away better than last week. Although it is fun to have different combinations of the Fab Four in storylines, the season should've kicked off with everyone on the same page...hunting for Karen. 

 

Love Karen's insta-bond with Linda. And I always appreciate appearances by Smitty and Anastasia!

 

Nice nod with the belly touch on the shower door.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooops! Another dud.

 

Schwimmer is awful.

 

The cast did their best but seriously i have always found McCormack to be the weak link. That Freddie Mercury scene was proof of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 8:54 PM, Paul Raven said:

Dreadful episode.

 

The subplots were inane and the whole balance was thrown off by having Grace interact with Noah only. Karen and Jack didn't share I scene.

 

His character was unpleasant yet we're obviously expected to buy into the non existent chemistry between the two.

 

I did laugh at the face cream antics but the rest of the jokes were pretty dire.

 

 

On 10/22/2018 at 1:09 AM, Paul Raven said:

Ooops! Another dud.

 

Schwimmer is awful.

 

The cast did their best but seriously i have always found McCormack to be the weak link. That Freddie Mercury scene was proof of that.

 

3 minutes ago, Costello said:

W&G is now getting outrated by its lead-ins Superstore and The Good Place AND Murphy Brown on CBS.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-thursday-nov-15-2018/

I guess this is why WG is down in demos and only has 2 million in viewers.....bad shows equals awful ratings......I have WG on my DVR but haven't seen the episodes.....I am glad that MB went up in demos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Thursday's show was middling IMO.

 

Schwimmer is adding nothing and last week's reveal that he is in love with Grace makes me wonder where they are going with that.

 

Meanwhile Will gets nothing in the way of romance. A little strange in light of this show constantly proclaiming how they are so cutting edge.

 

How many big romances has Grace had compared to Will? Meanwhile Jack is getting married and its hardly being mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Raven said:

Last Thursday's show was middling IMO.

 

Schwimmer is adding nothing and last week's reveal that he is in love with Grace makes me wonder where they are going with that.

 

Meanwhile Will gets nothing in the way of romance. A little strange in light of this show constantly proclaiming how they are so cutting edge.

 

How many big romances has Grace had compared to Will? Meanwhile Jack is getting married and its hardly being mentioned.

That’s a really good point re: Will and Jack becoming eunuchs/glorified gay sidekicks while Grace gets all the dick. It actually makes me wonder if they received any network notes to tone down the gay after last season. I do know Matt Bomer is supposed to be coming for Will soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost interest last season after the Christmas episode. It just turned back into the cartoon it was in the last few seasons. Still some funny stuff but there had been a tiny bit more depth in the first half. It felt different and better. Maybe this season is better in that regard but doesn't seem like it. 

 

I've got 5 episodes sitting on the dvr ...

 

Schwimmer's hard to like as an actor sometimes so this role seems to be doing him no favors. JMO. And I feel like we've had similar romances for Grace. It feels tired. And all I see is Ross at 50 and angry and bitter living alone in NY being a catty bitch online. It's perfect! LOL. But I really haven't seen much so I don't quite know how it's going ... was trying to watch this Thursday though. Yeesh.

14 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

 

 

I guess this is why WG is down in demos and only has 2 million in viewers.....bad shows equals awful ratings......I have WG on my DVR but haven't seen the episodes.....I am glad that MB went up in demos

 

Yeppers! I'm the same, I've got probably all episodes on the DVR and I tried watching some of this past Thursday's but Schwimmer turned me off. I just feel the show is tired again, already. It feels been there done that. It felt fresher when it came back last year.

 

But there's no guarantee a new show will do any better. Superstore and Good Place aren't the true hits NBC and fans want them to be. They're well written shows but they remain niche sitcoms on a mainstream network. And to be fair, ratings everywhere are fairly horrible, but there are a few exceptions.

 

Almost every single show on the air now would have been cancelled a good 5-10 years ago with the ratings they're getting. We're just in a different world and they haven't caught up. DVR tells the true story, but I understand the need for Live same day ratings. It's just antiquated and has been for decades.

 

I really hope Murphy gets another chance. It was just buried at 9:30 (IMO) and has been a bit rusty but I think it's been slowly finding it's groove.

 

I feel like the nostalgia wave has already died down a lot. It was no different than when everyone wanted an ER, when everyone now wants a This is Us. It's just a trend. 

 

Fuller House got a lot of buzz a few years ago. Now I have to struggle to find when the new season debuts .... everyone moves on to the new and shiny thing until they move on to the next ... I feel like Netflix has too many originals. I was glad to see them cancel a couple of shows ...

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Bomer was on tonight as Will’s love interest. Comedy is not his strong point. And, like David Schwimmer, he’s playing a completely unlikable @sshole. Not a great episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Costello said:

Matt Bomer was on tonight as Will’s love interest. Comedy is not his strong point. And, like David Schwimmer, he’s playing a completely unlikable @sshole. Not a great episode.

This is his strong point....

 

021412_magic-mike-bomer12021409143912021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The script really let them down this week. It always falters when the premise is not strong.

 

Matt Bomer's character attracted to Will? Will making a fool of himself over some guy?

 

Had it been Jack trying to interest and fool him by acting smart, that would have worked.

 

McCormack's delivery is woeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How anyone can still stomach Eric McCormick in this role is completely beyond me.  Thursday's eppy certainly did him no favors!  He's always bugged me, but this was another level awful!  Ugh!  I hate Will & Grace!  

 

Minnie Driver salvaged that eppy!  Time to name this show, Jack & Karen, demote EM and possibly Messing, bring in some new blood and see how it goes!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×