Fun Thread! Favorite Soap Couples Ever?

• Members

Santa- Keith'Gina    Mattson/Deas  were not only funny but also tender. Their scenes with young Justin Gocke (Brandon ) were some of SB's best.

Cruz/Eden  ... A sweeping romance with two strong characters 

EON   Sky/Raven    Gabet/Malloy had a way of making everything they were given work.  From comedy to drama to romance, they always rose to the occasion.

Thank you so much for posting old episodes of Y&R and B&B!

•  

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't last long and their ending was pretty awful, but I adored the short-lived romance between Hal and Emily on As The World Turns. They made each other's lives a lot better for a little while. Hal was exactly what Emily needed and Emily was exactly what Hal needed at that specific time in each of their lives.

Thanks to YT, I've also been impressed by the decades-long saga of AMC's Brooke and Adam. It was almost never pretty, but the show sold the connection they maintained whether they were together or apart at any given time.

Sami/Lucas will always be close to my heart, as will both versions of Eric/Nicole and Hope/Aiden 1.0.

• Members

1. Y&R's Victor and Nikki. No matter what they've gone through in the 35 years since their first meeting, you know they'll find a way back to each other.

2. B&B's Ridge and Caroline (1987-1990). It was their story that drew me to B&B, and the main reason I ignored Ronn Moss's horrible acting during the first three years of B&B.

3. GL's Roger and Holly. Although they weren't together during the years I watched GL (1989-1992), there were always hints of something brewing between them. A poster here once described them as the anti-supercouple and I totally agree with that.

• Members

Days-Bo and Hope.  Good chemistry, characters tied to established characters everyone already liked, and beautiful actors.  They weren't the best actors on the show, but they both took over every scene they were in.

General Hospital- Stone and Robin.  The most heartbreaking love story, and a couple you really rooted for.  Plus it was perfectly told, with an ending, so nobody came along and ruined them later with shitty writing or recasts.

GL- Roger and Holly.  The word I would use would be simmering.  With tension, anger, concern, love, they were always near boiling over.

Archived