TNTs Animal Kingdom

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I recently binge watched the first season on NetFlix. I don't usually enjoy male heavy shows, but this show seems to objectify the men all the time, while barely doing so with the few women characters. Ellen Barkin is a bit lacklustre in the role for me, but I all in for Finn Cole. As Another World passed me by, I still find myself becoming a huge fan of Spencr Treat Clark. I first saw him in The Last House on the Left and he hooked me. Unfortunately, the we had to say goodbye to Cath, because of course we did. At least the copper and teacher weren't murdered too, I suppose. I hope J actually ends up lighting the match. I know season two has already aired, but I'll probably wait for it to be uploaded to NetFlix so I can binge it again.

• Members

I felt all of these same things when I watched this show. I don't mind male shows if they're not stupid, but it didn't take me too long to get over this one. The guys were fine, so that was a reason to watch, but yeah, Ellen Barkin grated on my nerves, and I saw no reason to even like Smurf. Catherine was excellent, but like you said, of course she had to go. After that, I couldn't watch anymore.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Well, I'm a Scott Speedman and finally got around to watching the first season. I was intrigued and liked it. Thought it was funny who Kim Zimmer's son was playing given all that drama surrounding his recasting as Luke on ATWT years ago. 

I'm clearly bias but I didn't mind seeing the men objectify for a chance. Cuz...good looking men. lol.

And the writing led somewhere. Where does one go from that? Well...can't wait to see Season Two.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I admit it: I came aboard the Animal Kingdom train primarily for the hunk appeal. Ben Robson's my favorite.

Please register in order to view this content

Mind you, Scott Speedman would be an acceptable back up.

• 1 year later...