Still Star-Crossed: Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

That would be too bad if the series is Still Star-Crossed but for several months, I've been reading about the saga and I know there have been some delays in production/post production. 

As I understand, episodes are "in the can" and won't be affected in the case of a writer's strike. I don't know what that means in terms of quality.

Does this mean that the British just do Shakespeare better?  Shonda should've produced a joint venture with ITV or Channel 4.

• Members

I've been trying to think of another series that fits the bill, but nothing else really does. The vague "seven month" time frame is also telling as a lot of summer programming might be pushed to fall to make up for any holes on the fall schedule. Plus, what other producer has as much pull as Shonda has at ABC? She even got the mediocre rated The Catch a renewal last year over Castle and Nashville!

Add that Shondaland has no experience in filming a series in Europe (Italy, I believe), no experience in doing "historical drama" and Shonda's huge ego I think it's an easy assumption that it is. ABC has had plenty of opportunity to put it on the regular season schedule and with it being expensive I can't see it breaking even as a summer series when viewership is lower.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Still Star Crossed is being moved from its current Monday timeslot to...Saturday.  In the summertime. That does not portend positive things.

I hope the show can somehow pick up an audience. I really like the cast and the story itself isn't bad.

ABC's new Shondaland series 'Still Star-Crossed' is moving from Monday to Saturday

Archived