Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan exit drama

DRW50

• Members

He's always seemed like a bit of a smirky, pretentious type underneath the mask, to me, so I do wonder how he would fare on this type of show. I guess they could try it out. I tend to enjoy him most with Kathy Griffin.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anderson Cooper strikes me as very down to earth.   He doesn't live 50 stories up with a doorman protecting him.  He lives in a converted firehouse on a busy street right next door to two bars with people literally vomiting in front of his door at times.   He walks around the street no security in jeans just like everyone else, and  from the couple of times I have seen him he comes off as normal as it gets.

• Members

Kelly has earned nothing beyond the signature of her contract!  She is an EMPLOYEE not entitled to executive decisions or getting information when she thinks she should get it.  She may be half of the duo, but Kelly is STILL an employee.  How many of us are "in the know" at our jobs? Do we get to no show because our feelings are hurt?  Does Kelly own any part of that show?  No she does not.  She's getting $20mill a year for talking 37 minutes 5 days a week.  Besides, she didn't know Regis was leaving until 20 minutes before he announced it on air.  Kelly needs to get over herself NOW!  I really hate when executives lose control of their shows.  Look at what that kunt Fillion has done to Castle (luckily, I don't watch that show).  Benard has all characters kissing Scummy's ass on GH.  Its ridiculous, but folks want to criticize Rhymes for maintaining control of her shows?  This is such bullchit!

• Members

Kelly will definitely return she gets paid too much money. Maybe she wants a pay raise God going up to 30 to 35 million a year lol or ownership of the show.. U know Ripa just bought a 27 million townhouse in NYC and she has a big mansion in the Hamptons. She is beyond rich and loaded. I just thought of this if she and Mark ever divorced he would get half of her money. What does Mark ever do he's Mr Ripa lol. Ripa will come back obviously. Honestly I think Neil Patrick Harris would be great. Why would they ever cancel Live when the ratings are fantastic? Remember ABC tried a GPA spinoff and it failed miserably.

• Members

I truly don't believe Kelly Ripa cares whether Michael Strahan stays or goes.  I believe this has more to do with her (and her producers) not being told he was even in negotiations with Ben Sherwood until the deal was done and the announcement was given to the press.  So, if you're thinking she's acting like a diva because no one sought her approval on the deal, then...I don't know what to tell you.

• Members

Was it even addressed today …her absence again? She is doing herself no favors with her childish tantrums. It puts more pressure/work for Michael Gelman to find a replacement for her everyday. I am sure Gelman is just as upset but you don't see him leaving the show hi and dry….LOL

Archived