The Grammys 2016

Soapsuds

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well, she needs to stop getting in twitter fights, swearing at people, or getting into fights on a plane.  Maybe she needs to just concentrate on her music instead of all that foolishness. 

That's how you celebrate when a close friend of yours wins their first Grammy.  

• Members

Just about everything as it relates to her love life and who she was dating pre-Calvin Harris was planted and engineered by her team (that and the need to appear in public spaces with various men for a photo opportunities to feed into stories about who she was dating). Now she's just reverted to passive aggressive public behavior to keep fanning the flames  - see MissLlandviewPA's post about her Grammy speech. It would have been nice if she owned her behavior, but instead goes for the wounded victim route, which makes her look very fake. I am not her for any passive aggression from privileged celebrities.  

With Kanye, it keeps his name in the press and he has something to talk about when promoting this album. It brings attention to him and the new project he's about to release. Taylor's just a publicity whore (who pretends she's not, IMO), she loves any bit of controversy that can keep her name in the press. My thing wasn't about this impacting her career, I just find it obnoxious at this point, and that's my personal feeling. 

They are. You were the one that brought up commercial stats. As a personal point, I was just glad that Adele is able to do what she's doing without the publicity machine Taylor has behind her (and selling more - Taylor will never score a diamond album in her career). 

• Members

HUH?? I'm no huge Kanye supporter, but why are we ignoring the fact that he was a hugely successful rapper and producer for an entire decade before he married Kim? "Real talent" is subjective (and clearly there are plenty enough people who think he has it), but let's not pretend he hasn't worked for his success.

Adele was painfully flat throughout her entire performance.

• Administrator

Yeah, that's plausible.  It's the game celebrities play.  It's not the worst thing someone can do. 

But the point of a publicity stunt is being able to sell something.  If you do something to make yourself look bad, that's not helping you.  For example, the Beyonce/Jay Z/Solange elevator incident.  Beyonce and Jay were going on Tour, but that incident only made Solange look bad.  From Taylor's perspective, she had very little to gain since it was already Grammy week - she was going to get press no matter what.  Now, if you go the conspiracy route and say Taylor knew she was going to win, so she and Kanye hatched up this plan which would culminate at the Grammys so Taylor can make her big speech (which is getting a ton of raves and support). 

In America, it's going to take a long time but I think Fearless and 1989 will - 1989 will get their first.  Worldwide, 1989 is going to get 10 million very soon. 

I agree with that statement, and naturally, I apply it to my girl as well.  LOL  :)     As far as Kanye's music, he's not as good as he was before (as a producer and rapper).  His early stuff was so good.   I hated his last album and from the two songs I heard on SNL, I have a bad feeling for this new album. 

• Members

I respect Taylor Swift's drive and some of her songs are also good. She's also managed to navigate the industry better than many, especially these days where people are eagerly awaiting a backlash. 

I think what annoys me most with her is this "squad" which is passed off as female empowerment but instead feels cliqueish and like a very forced PR exercise.

• Administrator

A clique is exclusive though.  Taylor brings in a lot of people into her circle.  I think "celebrity gangs" are neat....the Rat Pack, the Brat Pack, Leonardo Dicaprio's Pussy Posse.....I don't remember any others in the 2000's.....am I missing a crew?.........and now there's Taylor's Squad.  

• Members

I don't believe that 'sister power' at all given that many of them have been reported to be b-tchy behind the scenes and the fact they've all shared similar men. I always view that entire clique as them keeping foes and competition closer. I never believe the sisterhood crap. IMO, I believe Taylor, the ringleader, rides off the back of the women, who are hot in the press or some form of the media at the time. Look how she took to Serayah, who no one knew previous of Empire, or Zendaya, once the dreads/weed controversy took place. Taylor is a good ole' fashioned succubus.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of Taylor but from a behind the scenes and I guess insider view, everyone loves her because she's a genuinely nice person who cares and treats everyone with respect. Most of the people I work with would tell you that she's the nicest and most pleasant celebrity they've ever had to deal with. Ina  business where you have people shouting at you nonstop, showing up hours late, and generally being horrible, someone like Taylor being nice, police, and pleasant goes a long way and makes her stand out.

Just on a personal note, when my mother was dying of cancer, Taylor came to where I work for a story and photoshoot. I was suppose to be there for the story but was with my mother at hospital and when she and her staff heard, they reached out and offered their personal condolences and prayers. When they also learned that my little sister, who was 9 at the time, is a huge Taylor Swift fan, they sent her basically a care package and Swift sent her a personal note. It's acts like that and everything else I've heard about her that makes me appreciate her as a person and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of the people in the industry. Kindness goes a long way.

Archived