10 Greatest Soap Super Couples of All Time

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eden and Cruz as #1?  Interesting.  Ej and Sami ahead of Bo and Hope and John and Marlena?  Okay.  At least J&M and Sonny and Brenda were included. I am okay with the list, but two SB couples included seems odd.  Especially when some soaps had none.

• Members

Yeah, you can kind of tell whoever compiled this list watched NBC/ABC shows and occasionally watched Y&R/B&B with their mom.

There's not one couple from a P&G soap. I know, these are really subjective, but I wish the compilers of said lists would at least list their biases upfront.

• Members

I'm curious what others would have for their top 10.

I'll take a stab:

1. Luke and Laura. GH (not necessarily my fave but you cannot deny the attention that they brought to daytime as a whole even getting Elizabeth Taylor to guest.)

2. Steve and Alice. AW (again...sheer popularity of its day)

3. Bo and Hope. Days

4. Josh and Reva, GL.

5. Cruz and Eden, SB

6. Victor and Nikki, Y&R

7. Ridge and Brooke, B&B

8. Clint and Viki, OLTL

9. Holden and Lily, ATWT

10. Jessie and Angie, AMC

I will admit I didn't necessarily watch all of these couples all of the time but these are the ones i remember getting excessive coverage and most seemed to be the "endgame" for their shows. 

• Members

Ausiello loves Santa Barbara and has admitted that for years. For a long time, he would comment about how he wished that program would come back from the dead. When it comes to couples from the first 30 years of daytime or before there are actually videos available beyond episodes in museums, you're basically limiting the responders to people over a certain age as they'd be the only ones who would have been able to see more than a few episodes of classic couples like ATWT's Jeff and Penny.  (Honestly I prefer if TVLine had said the greatest super couples in the "modern" aka post-soap opera episodes being scrubbed from existence, that would be more accurate or in the 35 or so years.) 

• Members

When I think soap super couple, I think more of the formula for super couple than I do best soap couples of all time, which puts us squarely in the post Luke and Laura era.  So soaps like the P&G ones and Bell shows don't really have as many as a show like DAYS, which really cranked them out.

• Members

I read through some of his comments---Eden and Cruz were his mom's favorite couple too. I want to say something cynical, but it's not worth the effort. In fact sharing him and his mom's favorites would have been a unique spin on the tired as "best of" lists.

Even if you measure "best super couple" vs. "best couple", even I don't think that's an excuse for not having ONE P&G couple. You tellin' me, couples like Reva/Josh, Rachael/Mac or Holden/Lily weren't as significant as freakin' EJami?

Nope. Not believing that.

• Members

The closest pairing to a "Supercouple" Erica was ever in was possibly ackson, for their years of unrequited love.  Erica was too selfish to be in a supercouple, the best thing about her character!

I always liked Cruz/Eden, but I'm not sure I'd make them #1.I do think Luke and Laura should be in first, only because they were the first, but that's just me.

Jeff/Penny, Mac/Rachel, Steve/Alice, Bo/Nora, Matt/Maggie, Josh/Reva, Philip/Rick would be among my Top Ten...

Archived