David Bowie Has Died

BetterForgotten

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today feels very solemn.  I wish that I had seen the Lazarus video before learning of his passing.  I always take so long to watch the latest videos (it took me like over a month to see Adele's Hello even when everybody was talking about it!) and I had no idea Bowie was sick.  Watching a video like Lazarus while the person is alive would be heartrending but watching a video like Lazarus after knowing of the person's passing, it's kind of brutal.:(

R.I.P.

• Members

My wife woke me up first thing this morning with the morning (didn't know he was sick either) and I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor. Saw him in concert at MSG just several years ago and he put one one of the best shows I've ever seen, even at that late age. The only solace is the National Enquirers,TMZs, and Star Magazines of the world weren't able to do the usual "last days" articles BS, and he was able to die in peace. RIP.

• Members

I have to admit that I never got around to listening to and exploring David's career. Even so, it's hard not to know what a genius, wonderful artist he was. I am sorry for his countless fans and must rectify this oversight soon.

In the meantime, someone shared this video of him questioning the lack of black artists shown on MTV in 1983 and I feel it deserves to be watched.

• Members

I was just coming on here to post this! LOL when icons have a sense of humor about themselves, you know they must be good eggs.

People talked about David Bowie's style and constant reinvention (putting him in the same breath as Madonna, Gaga etc), but they fail to fully appreciate his fine body of work. He was ahead of his time in so much that he did, too. Truly a talent, always in control of his own music, artistry and smart opinions. I loved his snarly, catlike vocals!  RIP.

• 1 month later...

Archived