Celebrity Big Brother (2016)

NothinButAttitude

• Members

She does have an interesting history of trashiness though. I think she was involved with Corky Ballas (father of oily Mark Ballas) and something about she cut up his new girlfriend's underwear (I can't remember). 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry but I gotta get this off my chest....

First off, Winston was evicted tonight. Tonight was so uncomfortable to watch. Like seriously. 

I could not care for Winston at all as I am part of the LGBT community which he offended; however, I feel like the producers took one aspect of him and exploited the hell out of him. I can't even believe that I am defending Winston but I feel like I watched a witch hunt tonight. 

The producers clearly wanted him out and ensured that by forcing the hgs to play that game, which revealed his views on homosexuality instead of allowing it coming out organically. Then instead of allowing the audience to decide his fate, they forced the hgs to vote him out just to stick it to him even further. I didn't like that. It was quite obvious that Winston was going thanks to their constant propaganda pushing to get him out, so to stick it to him even worse by making his peers scold him on the way out was horrible. Despite him trying to remain stoic, you could see that he clearly was hurt by what went down.

Emma disappointed me on so many levels as to how she conducted that interview, and this has not been the first time. She did the same thing last season when talking to Farrah. This is why I love Arisa and Julie as host of Big Brother CAN & US. Despite how they feel, they will still remain unbiased and diplomatic to even the most heinous hgs. Emma's aura automatically created a hostile environment and audience feeding into it was even worse. I thought she could've taken Winston through the wringer in a more subtle manner while hiding her own disdain for him. 

Things further got worse on BBOTS. While Rylan conducted himself well in his one-on-one with Winston, it got worse when the panel was added in. I felt like everyone was on some gang mentality BS to try and force feed this man to change his views now--the same feelings I've felt about people trying to force feed me about my sexuality. I didn't like it. Everyone came off condescending and aloof, which unbeknownst to them, painted Winston somewhat as a victim. This attack didn't help the LGBT community or Progressives at all. It further showed those, who are closed minded that we rely on emotion (like they rely on the Bible) and that we need to strong arm someone into our way of thinking. I know that I am at fault of this many times but this one occurrence somewhat opened my eyes. 

It didn't help that the man seems a bit slow too. I mean it was obvious he couldn't form a complete coherent thought. Rylan was asking him questions about his fellow hgs and he couldn't even answer on the spot. Something is wrong with that man upstairs and them piling up on him wasn't cute at all.

Honestly, Winston is a cakewalk compared to the bigots here in America. Like literally. I think if given time he would've been receptive to changing in his views. He didn't seem so closed minded. Just ignorant and a tad bit stubborn. I think all these people trying to strong-arm him into thinking their way will only reinforce how he thinks. I think I am growing to learn that it takes kindness, sensibility, and time to teach people like Winston. 

I feel like I am slowly transitioning from my Malcolm X old persona, where I wanted to beat people into viewing things my way, and transitioning more into an MLK persona where I have more compassion and patience than before. Maybe it's because I am getting older. IDK. I just didn't like how things were conducted tonight. Winston did need to answer for what he said, but scolding and shading him wasn't the way to do so.

• Members

NBA, it's a shell game. BBUK regularly showcases bigots, and smug Emma gives them soft soap interviews (like Katie Hopkins last year). They likely cast Winston for controversy, and they got what they wanted - not only did he act foolish, but they get to rake him over the coals and look good. Of course they have since made him a martyr, and have just lined his pockets. They don't care though. They get to look good. And yet they give big cash to people like that vile Conor, who threatened to rape a woman with a curling iron.

John Partridge is as slimy as ever. 

• Members

Tonight was just icky and I have to admit that wasn't endeared to John Partridge either despite us being on the same end of the spectrum sexuality wise. Unlike Christopher, who is also gay, John's over-the-top reactions and hysterics were contrived and he's obviously playing to the camera. He wanted to be the victim in this situation. Me (personally), I would've laughed off what Winston said b/c it's obvious he's a f*cking idiot. Like I said before, it's obvious something is wrong upstairs and he can't formulate a proper argument. I just choose not to argue with stupid. 

I like Angie Bowie but I feel she was pandering to the camera too with her reaction. I do think that she is an advocate for the LGBT community but she is playing it up. I feel like the only ones who were genuine in their statements and weren't seeking public validation were Tiffany, Gemma, Megan, Daniella, Darren, Scotty, and Christopher. I commend Jeremy for basing his vote on what went on in the house instead of going w/ group think. I don't think he deserve any of the heat he's about to receive. 

• Members

Im watching right now and while I dont agree with his views, the humiliation of Winston was disgusting.  What was the point of the face to face eviction? It was obvious from the crowd that he was leaving anyway. Did we really need every housemate to get a chance to go in on him?

• Members

Exactly. It was pure overkill. They were trying to kill this man's spirit and succeeded. On BBBOTS, he looked defeated and over it as everyone piled on him taking shot after shot. I feel like people like this that claim they are in the battle for the LGBT community do more damage than harm. 

Then you got Michelle Visage's thirsty ass on Twitter claiming she wish she was there to eviscerate Winston. She f-cking annoys me. Does she not forget how she was a twat in the BB house and was Katie Hopkins' flunky. 

• Members

I saw your earlier comment and yes Emma dissappointed me as well. I dont see how Winston's comment is relevent to this show and why they kept trying to make it define his time in the house. They used it to label him a homophobic so they could look like they were some type of social crusaders that went after this big bad villian. Disgusting. I wish Winston had really paid her dust bc it was obvious she was goading him into saying something that they could further attack. I would have said "I will no longer discuss that. Next". She literally spent 90% of his interview on that and the other 10% on inappropriate viewing of the women. Not a single part of that interview was positive and about his experience in the house. If Tiffany wasnt in, Id drop after this show. Watching this makes me fear for her and if she starts acting up. I know this racist show will go in on her too

• Members

Well I feel even more justified in my comment b/c I went and peeked on the FB page and over at a few other forums and most of them agreed with us. They didn't like his stance on the LGBT community BUT they didn't like how the interview was conducted. Emma is supposed to be impartial and she wasn't. 

But I am not scared for Tiffany. She's playing her cards right. She's playing the wounded bird role since Winston left and is latching onto David, who will take her under his wing. She's playing a strong social game right now. I don't think she'll pop off until someone crosses her, which then they'll most likely deserve it. 

• Members

Emma's such a stank bitch. I saw her on BOTS and she said that some people may have thought she shouldnt have been so tough but she's human and has opinions too. Bitch you are a host. You should be unbiased when conducting a damn interview! You can let your opinions out when someone is interviewing you as Rylan did on BOTS.

Rylan has his opinions, obviously as a gay man, but he conducted himself a hell of a lot better than Emma. I found his interview with Winston to be more fair and positive

• Members

Exactly. That's why I've grown to appreciate Julie and Arisa so much more. They've had their dud moment but you never see them slip in an interview. When they need to put the screws to someone, they do it in a way that is respectful. 

Emma was just nasty. No wonder why Winston didn't wanna let his hair down during the interview and would skirt around stuff. She wasn't making him feel comfortable to answer the questions and own his stuff. 

Tonight was just nasty but it was a blessing for Winston; he has gained sympathy from so many in one night. 

• Members

Its a shame bc before the eviction, I wanted him to stay bc he was quite the character and his comment could have led to a real interesting week going forward. It would be interesting to see if his time in the house would be used to educate him and force him to challenge himself. Nope, this show made it so ugly instead. I was intersted in seeing him with Angie bc she gave me my favorite moment of the night when she said "Suck my big one. And when you’re done with that do it again, on your f*****g knees." all while smoking a cigarette

Archived