Showtime: BILLIONS

YRBB

• Members

Forgot to post this last week: Ratings jump up from 950K to 1.3 million. There is no doubt it's a hit, although this past Sunday aired opposite the SuperBowl, so I wonder what that will mean for the show.

Just caught episode 3 and you are so right. The dog scene was ridiculous and cringe-worthy throughout. Totally implausible, especially when you compare it to how he took Decker down by threatening his parents.

I was glad to see Lara being a mover and a player, finally.

The YumTime board meeting was hilarious. Excellent job with the humor. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episode 5

I LOVED that Axe did everything he did because of the conversation he had with that Constantine guy from last episode. I just couldn't believe he was genuinely going to walk away and it was fun to see that he didn't -- and why. Once more, some really interesting stuff regarding Chuck and Wendy's sex life, and Bryan and Kate were really cute together. Toby Leonard Moore is such a sexy guy. God, it was so painful (in a good way) to watch Chuck screw that farmer and his wife over. And that look Axe gave Bryan at the end -- if looks could kill!

• Members

Speaking of Billions, I'm behind on posting, but I'm still watching

Episode 5-  I wonder why Wendy is so adamant about Chuck recusing himself from this case? I was hoping Chuck would ask a follow up question when Wendy said "He will scorch the earth under our feet". I was surprised that Bobby gave in to the idea of a settlement so quickly. Also surprised that Chuck was willing to step back a bit, even though he's still got his finger in the pie. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just caught up with episode 6. What a thrill ride! Loved Wendy being caught between Axe and Chuck. Dollar Bill having a letter ready to send to his wife in case the truth about him comes out was dynamite. And even though we see so little of Lara, she makes every scene of hers count. I feel so bad for whatever dirty trick Axe will pull that may involve using Wendy. The meeting between Chuck and Axe was electric -- you knew it was going to go bad and when it did, BOOM! Really liked that Chuck is pretending to have recused himself, while still running things behind the scenes. 

Glad to see that, after a dip in episode 4, the ratings went right back up there close to the highest number so far. Keep going, BILLIONS!

• Members

Episode: Chuck's monologue justifying using these underhanded tactics to go after Axe was interesting. On the one hand I basically agree with him, but at the same time he's being a huge hypocrite. He insists that everyone around him follows the rules to the point of making a man pick up dog $hit with his hands, but here Chuck is violating the law he's sworn to uphold.

The drunk driving guy was obnoxious, I didn't really care that Axe clocked him. I would have rather seen him destroy him financially, but I guess this was to show us Axe doesn't have iron self control.  Not sure what I think of Axe's kids. On the one hand his wife is right, but I can also see why Axe wants them to have everything. 

Archived