GH: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no problem with product placement  but that was the worst product placement I've seen on soaps and I sat through the KY "commercials" on Passions and Midol for DAYS.  It was the NYE show. Couldn't they find some distilled beverage company to sponsor?  My family used to be in the bar business so when I was younger I spent quite a few NYEs at the bar. Actually now that I think bout it they could've gotten Coor Light to sponsor and brought in the Coors Light girls.  

• Administrator

Poor Kimberly.  :(   It sucks that people were making fun of her because of her weight.   Anyway, I'm glad her directing career is taking off.  I wish her all the best and success.  And I do hope she keeps popping back in for a few episodes here and there.  GH is her family. 

• Members

I agree.  Anybody who watched GH in the eighties remembers how Edward was in constant dread of Cousin Herbert and his branch of the Quartermaine family.  I think back then, they probably were thinking about expanding the Quartermaines, but it never happened.  I don't like the idea of killing of Monica.  When a soap is struggling, the last thing you do is kill off a major and popular character if it can be helped.  Killing them off might cause a temporary spike in the ratings, but then, cause a longer term drop.  Killing Maureen on GL comes to mind.......

• Members

Instead of nobody cares about Valerie even tied to the Spencer's, she could have been Maya and served multiple purposes instead of the plot device she is. But TBH, Maya to me wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire, it was more the actress was good. And that was a period I wasn't watching much of so maybe I'm wrong.

• Members

Maya was a character with potential but unfortunately tiic had no interest in developing her after the first couple of months. She was a doctor not a mobster's go so that was already a strike against her. They most used her to prop Ethan and then the actress booked a lead role on a pilot and was offscreen for awhile and then they brought her back to throw her under the bus for Kristina.

Archived