Sign in to follow this  
YRBB

HBO: Westworld

Masterpiece is a pretty damn good description. I'm just watching on Amazon. Signed up for a 30 day free HBO subscription (really dumb to allow folks to stream new stuff for free) because I've heard so much about the show. 

Kind of slow but then it all really came together in eppy six. Almost gave up a few times. Thandie Newton is spectacular!  

Poor Bernard. That was quite a twist! On eppy 8 now and I'm so anxious for the finale. The show was picked up for S2. 

21 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

The show won't be back until 2018 and I'm just sick about it. 

Just heard about this! SO sad, but at least I still have the second half of the season to watch.

Damn! Thandie Newton has been doing such amazing work as Maeve. The episode in which she learns everything, especially that sequence where she walks around with the tech guy and witnesses the hosts just like her used, created, and discarded like things, was haunting. Loved her blackmailing the two techs and saying they're going to have some fun. 

And, of course, her heartbreaking reaction to knowing that Clementine will never experience her dreams and deciding to escape the park.

But, then, the show twists again with the major revelation that Bernard is a host! Such a great twist, and you can totally see it when you look back (his somewhat emotionless affect, the backstory with his son that is so much like a host backstory that it was so painfully obvious, and YET). That ending with Theresa's murder was superb. 

I have to admit, I was a little bored with Dolores and William.

MAN did this show, which was already good, take off!

Edited by YRBB

Anybody watched the Season 2 premiere?

It gave me all the tense action/answers I wanted and set up a ton of new stuff for the future.

Interesting how you spend the first season feeling so empathetic towards the hosts but then season 2 begins and they are just as mercilessly murderous as the guests. It's kind of shocking seeing Dolores like this. Maeve is more awesome than ever. Loved her making Lee undress completely, the same way the hosts were always forced to.

What are the hosts up to? The door? The tiger (shades of LOST, in a good way)? Really fantastic stuff.