Wonder Woman Movie

dragonflies

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

'Wonder Woman' actress Gal Gadot made 2 percent of 'Superman' star Henry Cavill

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ry-cavill.html

What’s the difference between Superman and Wonder Woman? Their paychecks.

“Wonder Woman” may have slayed the box office, but Cosmopolitan.com wrote actress Gal Gadot reportedly earned a mere $300,000 for the iconic superhero role. Henry Cavill, who starred as “Superman” in the 2013 movie “Man of Steel,” earned a whopping $14 million.

Divide by 3, carry the 4 ... that comes to about 2 percent of Cavill's salary.

“Wonder Woman” pulled in an estimated $57.2 million in North American theaters during its opening weekend alone, out beating Tom Cruise’s “The Mummy,” which only earned $32.2 million in ticket sales.

Variety previously reported Gadot signed a contract in 2014 that gave her $300,000 for each DC film she does, and she’s likely to make a lot more from bonuses.
While “Man of Steel” ultimately grossed around $290 million domestically, “Wonder Woman,” which is still in theaters, is up to $274 million, and was made from a lower production budget.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

I bought the Blu-ray yesterday and can't wait to watch it again.  

Also glad that Patt Jenkins is officially coming back. But they'll need to move the release date for the 2nd movie in December 2019 - it's one week before Star Wars.  I say November 2019 - that should be enough space between the two movies. 

• Members

Oh they'll probably move the release date, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I read somewhere Chris Pine has a deal for multiple movies, so I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way for Steve Trevor to return. Say Ares was behind it somehow. He let Diana believe Steve dead to punish her(before he died of course)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

FINALLY saw it. It was wonderful. Gal Gadot was a revelation in the film -- and to think people mocked her casting prior to her first appearance in that other film. Her and Pine's chemistry was phenomenal. Her 'coming out' scene in No Man's Land gave me chills, as did the final battle. I did not see it coming in terms of Ares; that was a GREAT surprise. And their final battle was a fantasy battle wet dream. EVERYTHING I could have wanted. Poor Steve was blown to bits. The reaction to that was worthy of the best soap opera. And that theme music! WONDEROUS.

Archived