Star Trek returns with streaming series

• Members

This love letter to the unaired (but still canon) original TOS pilot "The Cage" served as the opening sequence for this week's episode. It cuts from the original Captain Pike (Jeffrey Hunter) to Anson Mount's. Mount is doing a fabulous job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched the first few season one episodes as they originally aired and I absolutely hated them and stopped watching. I've read that the show improved and I'm excited for the time jump (my biggest gribe was another unnecessary prequel) so I decided to re-watch. I feel mostly the same about season one. I absolutely hate the look of the Klingon, them exclusively speaking their language and how dark they were taken. I know they were villains at one point, but I found them too dark for my tastes. Eating humans and talking about how to season them is just not how I want to view Klingon's. As the season progressed and there was less focus on them I did enjoy it more. I LOVED the Mirror Universe episodes. The twist with the Captain being from another universe I somehow missed and I was impressed by that. I also love that they brought Michelle Yeoh's Mirror character to the main universe. I'm not 100% sold on Michael, but that is down to the way the writing keeps shifting for her. 

Now that I'm a couple episodes into season two I'm absolutely loving the show. The cast is gelling nicely and I love Captain Pike! I look forward to meeting the other crew on Enterprise. Another high point is that I haven't seen any Klingon's and the tone feels more like Star Trek. More about exploring and adventure and less about death, darkness and war. I hope it remains a fun ride! 

After marathoning this it's going to be hard to go back to week-by-week episodes of both this and Picard, but I can't wait! It's exciting to finally after decades see what the future brings for the Federation. I hope both series do justice to the brand.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I guess this is where I'll go to say Star Trek: Lower Decks is astonishingly good - not too crass or silly, and extremely reminiscent of TNG (appropriate, since its creator ran the hilarious "TNG Season 8" twitter account from years before). Dawnn Lewis is also a hoot as the captain, and Jerry O'Connell her Riker-esque first officer. They are supporting players.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Fyi, CBS All Access is changing its name to "Paramount Plus"

https://variety.com/2021/tv/festivals/paramount-plus-streaming-debut-march-4-viacomcbs-1234887452/

The twitter handle @CBSAllAccess is now @Paramount_Plus

The change is supposed to go into effect March 4th, 2021,

but the twitter account has already switched over.

@Errol

That would eventually affect the name of this primetime board.

And also anyone watching B&B or Y&R looking for CBS All Access.

Edited by janea4old

• 9 months later...