Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I had the exact same reaction! I have been pretty 'meh' about John and Marlena since picking up the show again but that was a nice, romantic, sparkly moment for them and it played beautifully.

Anyone else think drunk Father Eric is going to

I wonder how long RSW will be around now that the truth is out. I can't believe it happened either, I too thought it was a fakeout! I'm going to miss my batshit crazy bunny hunnie. :wub: What's odd is Ben is in the 50th anniversary cast photo, which they took at the beginning of August during a filming break. That would mean RSW would still have been taping then and airing through the end of the year at least, the show is five months ahead right now. Or maybe they just invited him back for the photo, like Alison Sweeney (she taped in May unless she taped more in August). But inviting the latest serial killer character back for an anniversary cast photo? Seems odd to me. I wonder if they will try to send Ben to an institution and somehow keep him around for awhile? We are all assuming he is on the way out but I have seen no rumors or spoilers to substantiate that.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gave up Days a few years back with the Daysaster being all about Sami and EJ again, but turned back in starting with Will's funeral.   The show is pretty good!  I like the Price Is Right guy, and I thought he was good on AMC 2.0 also.   He is earnest and tries in whatever it is they have him do, and his crazy scenes with Abigail were good. 

Why is Joe Mascolo in a wheel chair and speaking like the onset of dementia has occurred?  Is that why they brought Andre back, because Joe M is no longer up flor the job?   Julie looks good, Doug is starting to show his age (I guess about time), and John and Marlena both look great.  Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn seem to have the best age defying genes in daytime.  

And how perfect and fitting that it all comes down to Bo having to save Hope from dastardly villains one more time?   True love will conquer all.

• Members

The scene with Ben and Abby was one of the best things I've seen on a soap in a long time.  I really hate to lose this young man but he must go.  I'm hoping we get to see him play out a complete psychotic break because that Emmy is his!!!!!  

Steve and Bo continue to drag down the momentum! 

• Members

I think Deidre Hall probably looks the best out of everyone in those "costumes".

I like the idea of a Drunk Eric, I only wish he'd have a drunken romp with Kate and then it actually lead to something. Marlena's son/Sami's brother with Kate could be great story especially if it were more than just a one-nighter.

I do actually find Ben interesting the past couple weeks for the first time ever. RSW is doing a great job. I really felt scared for Abby yesterday and I don't even like her!

I hope that they rest Caroline after Bo returns because my God, she's annoying! I know the show is trying to recreate the epic capers of Bo and Steve by this "rescue mission" to bring him home but I'm not so sure it has worked. This will all run flat if Bo and/or Steve aren't sticking around after. Makes no sense.

• Members

Can anyone answer some questions about the cast photo in the current TV GUIDE?

Sami is back, but where are Rafe, Aiden, Bo?  Why not photoshop them in, Reckell especially?  Justin?  I didn't even recognise Judi Evans. 

It doesn't seem truly representative of the characters during this 50th year. 

• Members

Thanks for letting me know it's in there! LOL. I know, I don't why they couldn't PS in Rafe and Justin. Both actors said they were on vacation during the shoot.

I believe Reckell is on a short-term contract only. I believe Aiden is on the way out within the next week or so. Nicole and Daniel are also missing from the photo.

Is the cast photo a two-page spread?

• Members

Q- Yes, it's been said that Joe M is not in the best of health. I'm not sure if they are keeping Andre around or not. 

Overall, I'm enjoying the show for what it is. Mostly hard working actors, doing their best with no budget and a break neck schedule. There are days it feels like a one act play due to the sad sets and wardrobe, but I still care about the characters. 

• Members

Yay to Aiden and Hope being married. Boo to the writers for what they are planning

My god, Teresa looked silly in the audience of the wedding with that god awful wig. I kind of wish  she especially had changed. Isnt she supposed to be the fashionista of the town? 

tumblr_n5txqb8Faw1tb7uwxo1_500.gif

Yeah, pretty much that

• Administrator

I'm glad Aiden/Hope got married because they have to show him trying to kill her.  And then that's when Bo arrives.  I hope it happens like that.   Instead of Bo/Hope's fantasy scenes today, they should've showed flashbacks.  What a missed opportunity.

I'm shocked Abby found out about Ben so soon.  I thought that should've been a bigger moment and a Friday cliffhanger.  Instead Ben admits to her at the beginning of the episode?  Weird. 

So is Lani's mother someone who was on the show before?  I never heard of her.  There was no follow up to those Abe/Lani scenes - they should've saved these scenes for later on. 

• Members

I'm enjoying the Ben/Abby/Chad stuff - all three actors are doing a good job and I look forward to their scenes over everything else right now

I enjoyed the gala for the little interactions between people but do not care at all for Caroline's caterwauling/Aiden's repeat visions of strangling Hope/Bo and Steve's shenanigans 

Archived